RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I had some questions regarding the New Whites Electronics 24K. These are actual consumer questions I received here on TNet. Here are the questions and what the factory said:

1- How does this VLF machine outperform an FSB machine. (I think if I knew the difference between the technologies it would help)

Single-frequency machines can punch deeper and respond faster than FSB machines. FSB (full-band spectrum) is Minelab's term for their own proprietary multi-frequency detectors. However, the machines only actually use two frequencies at a time. For gold prospecting a dedicated high-frequency machine will outperform FBS due to being specialized.

2- i have a gmz that 50khz .this new one is 48khz, so do i really need this one also? also have a mxt and xlt.

The new GM24k offers exponentially more features than the GMZ. It will likely find more gold due to the ability to adjust the machine for a wider variety of terrain. The GMZ only has an auto ground balance and lacks the ability to tune out really bad ground.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. The frequencies of the FBS are constantly being retransmitted and resampled multiple times a sec to chose the best frequencies for the moment.

2. FBS is now old technology, Multi-IQ is the future, will not be surprised to see a 3032 and a new Excal both using Multi-Iq technology. Equinox will find small gold the FBS and BBS will not see.

The best for finding raw gold would be the GPZ 7000.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apples and oranges. The machine you suggest is $7,000 compared to $700

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One must start with what they can afford at that moment. I started with used coin machines and had a blast though it was NOT a prospecting machine. Then I purchased a brand new original Gold Bug and found square nails, likely as I was a part time user and inexperienced with my machine. Then I purchased a new GMT and learned it to some proficiency And found gold with it and used it to help me find more gold though not large quantities, I enjoyed myself! Then there are the optional coils for a detector and this is an important point to consider as different coils can make significant improvements in a machine for special conditions and of course they are an added cost. Stock coils are a good place to start! Then again NO DETECTOR will find Gold where it does not exist so the detectorist Must find a location where gold is present. Buy the best you can afford at that moment, learn it, use it in gold country and keep on learning it. Best of luck to you..............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread