Upvote 0

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
question what detector with vdi is more accurate in finding 1 grain targets ??? whats more important coil size or freq in getting accurate vdi readings on minerals ??

dig all targets. i know everyone says it and many take it with a grain of salt, but i for one have dug my share of nuggets that i had passed on previously. when i didnt have a ferrous indicator i dug all targets, and it didnt take long to find out what i was doing wrong. dig them all.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I used an sdc 2300 I sold my GB pro.

Now I have an SdC of my own wish I had one years ago.

Not really interested in looking for 1 grain crumbs. I placer for gold that small

The small stuff the sdc gets is comparable to any vlf I've used with more depth and much more stable operation.

I rarely look at the VDI when there is one. and yes dig all targets.

I won't get rid off the GB 2

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How does the Garrett AT Gold waterproof detector compare to the GB2? Anyone familiar with the waterproof AT Gold? Minelab's Goldmonster does look nice too..

Thanks!

My son has a GB2 and my first detector was an AT Gold, we used them a lot but have both went to PI's now. The GB2 is by far the more sensitive and deeper machine between those two but that sensitivity comes at a price. In really mineralized ground the GB2 becomes unstable and by the time you get it adjusted to work properly, it's working about as well as the AT Gold. Again, that's in really bad ground that we've encountered a few times at different places. Overall though the GB2 out performs the AT Gold to such a degree that I'm planning on selling the AT Gold.

OP
OP
C

Capricorn

May 21, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp... My folks got me a Gold Bug Pro for xmas, guess that solved that delima. Now to get out and use it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions