Plz back up you claim with solid facts

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every detector you own already...… has the same abilities

One thing to consider... GB 2 is super duper old school..still being made and has not dropped in price.

I own one and will never get rid of it. I have found a lot of gold with it. Small yet, Shallow.

I have had whites GM4 GMT and a Gold Bug pro

Sold/traded them all.

If you really want to make a purchase that will change detecting for you, Find a used TDI or SDC2300

You'll most likely sell a few your dusty vlf's

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
gold washer, how do like the tdi? it is a good price for a pulse induction detector. im already geared up for the long run, but before i had made my commitment i was strongly considering a tdi. grumpie, if you already have the fors+ and makro racer. im not sure either of those are going to be a huge difference from what you already have.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold washer, how do like the tdi? it is a good price for a pulse induction detector. im already geared up for the long run, but before i had made my commitment i was strongly considering a tdi. grumpie, if you already have the fors+ and makro racer. im not sure either of those are going to be a huge difference from what you already have.

I only used one a few times it was pretty stable.

I like the fact it has so many coil choices. I figure you could find a good combo for what ever region and style you have.

I do like the ability to tune also nice to have some knobs to turn.

Though with the SDC the simplicity has not been an issue.

I also think the sdc will find smaller targets..the little bits of trash I've pulled beyond vlf depth has been amazing

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I only used one a few times it was pretty stable.

I like the fact it has so many coil choices. I figure you could find a good combo for what ever region and style you have.

I do like the ability to tune also nice to have some knobs to turn.

Though with the SDC the simplicity has not been an issue.

I also think the sdc will find smaller targets..the little bits of trash I've pulled beyond vlf depth has been amazing
My gold finding abilities and success cannot justify a 3-4k detector,lol.
Actually I haven't found enough gold to pay for a bounty hunter from Walmart.
I might just have to hold out for GMonster2000. You got to know it won't be long.

Last edited:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
i would have never dropped that kind of money if i wasnt living in the heart of gold country. as well i knew i had gold fever bad and it was going to be used....often. words cannot describe how well minelabs electronics work, especially the automated features. if i were in your shoes,if i were dead set on a new detector, gold monster would be at the top of the list. gb2 may be just as good, if not better, but there is a learning process involved. both perform best at detecting very small gold. the fact i can turn on my detector and start swinging, never gets old. my sdc gives me results, every time. i can expect the gold monster would do the same

Last edited:

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I haven't found enough gold to pay for a bounty hunter from Walmart.
I might just have to hold out for GMonster2000.

Its not the detector that is holding you back. Your poor attitude will keep you from being a successful detectorist. Find a different hobbie

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't justify buying a 3or4k detector just like I couldn't justify buying the last 3 $700 dollar detectors but I did it anyway, Lol.
We're always looking for that perfect vlf machine to compliment our style of hunting. The kruzer seems to be an improvement over the GR. The gr wasn't perfect but close.

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't want a gb2 but when comparing HF detectors the gb2 is the standard to compare with since it is a dedicated vlf gold sniffer. And seems to be what other are comparing too

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my point was if your not finding gold with the three gold machines you have... that have found pounds by many...

Why buy another one that will do exactly he same thing?

You can get a used TDI for $1000 bucks. or less if you keep your eye out.

The benefit of fors and nokta. over lobo or GB2 would be that they can be used for general detecting. even a GB2 can because of disc.

If your looking for gold and relics you should dig every target anyway.

Detectors don't find gold prospectors do.

it's just a tool for the hunt.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Why buy another one that will do exactly he same thing?

That's a fact! Right now I have 7 detectors, and can find the same danged things with my more than 30 year old Fisher 1260X.....

I believe it's time for me to downsize.....

Except of course the Excal :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread