Has anyone used a Nokta Golden King DPR Plus Metal detector??

bonbon6054

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
None so far
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arizona_John

Aug 6, 2023
Philippines
Detector(s) used
Nokta, OKM, Fisher, Garrett, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to check if anyone had opportunity to use Nokta Golden King DPR Plus Metal detector
and would like to get their feedback on the following: I am looking for metal detector that can go deep as 6ft to 20ft.

1. Maximum depth detection (per actual use).
2. Reliability.
3. Ease of use.

Thank you in advance!

John -
SoCal
I detected to 153’

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would settle for or dream about even half of these distance figures metal detecting.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Obviously you’re not a serious treasure hunter

Obviously. A keen sense of discernment you have...
yodagif.gif

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do the research
I have done the research.

The Golden King DPR Plus metal detector is a 17.5 khz vlf metal detector with automatic ground balance and options to attach a video camera and/or a methane gas detector.

Essentially the same specs as the old Nokta Makro CF77 Pro Coin Finder detector. In fact it looks like the same detector with a small but heavy display processor to hang around your neck.

Maximum depth? About 2-4 feet on a one foot square metal box depending on soil conditions. About the same as all the many other 17.5 khz metal detectors designed and manufactured 20 years ago.

I think a better bet for the money would be the $400 Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro. If you are really into digging deep you could tape an $18 gas detector to the handle and have a better setup for less than $500. Of course you won't have a 4x5 inch low resolution video screen. For that you will have to pay more than 10 times as much.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still would be pleased with the 2-4 ft. range. No single frequency will handle or be good for all types of targets as well as all sizes of targets.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think a better bet for the money would be the $400 Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro. If you are really into digging deep you could tape an $18 gas detector to the handle and have a better setup for less than $500. Of course you won't have a 4x5 inch low resolution video screen. For that you will have to pay more than 10 times as much.

Bounty Hunter has come a long ways in the past few years, and they're made here in the USA.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like one of these robots to help with the metal detecting process……..LOL

Amazon unveils 6-foot robots that walk and lift items in its warehouses.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm pretty sure the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro is the same detector inside as the Fisher F19 and the Teknetics G2+ Dizzy. All three made in the USA by Texas Instruments.
If that's true about the F19 and the Time Ranger, then for sure the F2 has the same guts as a Tracker II. And at 5.9khz you're going to get at least 21.75 Ft. on silver targets at a fraction of the price of any 17.5khz machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread