Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: which detector can handle hot rocks/cold stones better than SDC2300

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    shasta county
    gpx 4500 sdc 2300
    1018 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    my favorite sound on the sdc is when it is a very low broad mellow signal. sounds like bird shot, but larger...almost always gold.
    Goldwasher and Terry Soloman like this.
    got the fever? dont scratch the itch.

de
    Apr 2017
    Germany
    Whites GMT + Minelab SDC2300
    49 times
    Prospecting
    Gerry from Gerry's detectors recommended the Equinox 800 to me as a machine that would give me the best of both worlds. Means coin and relic hunting and small Gold also. As I'm searching in the water the machine is waterproof up to 10 feet. I would love to hear your opinions and probably experiences with this machine. From the first look it seems to be rather complicated but with a good reliable target ID and exact descrimination I could probably get around the hot rocks much better?

if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    shasta county
    gpx 4500 sdc 2300
    1018 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    its like comparing apples to oranges. a vlf by the vary nature of the type of technology, cannot do what the sdc can do. you have the best small gold detector money can buy!!!!!!!!!!!! pm me next time youre in northern california.... you will go home with gold that you found.
    got the fever? dont scratch the itch.

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    4867 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by beekbuster View Post
    its like comparing apples to oranges. a vlf by the vary nature of the type of technology, cannot do what the sdc can do. you have the best small gold detector money can buy!!!!!!!!!!!! pm me next time youre in northern california.... you will go home with gold that you found.
    Wow! Now that's the kind of thing only a truly unselfish person is willing to do to help out a rookie!

What you've told Horst is solid gold. If his SDC is functioning properly, he's got the premier pulse machine for small gold and it's pretty much clutching at straws to think a VLF will outperform it when it comes to hot rocks or ironstone. Yes, in mild ground it's easier to swing a VLF, and some of them might get more small gold in those conditions as fatigue wouldn't be as much of a factor, but he's already got the best of the best for small gold when it comes to a detector that can handle mineralization.

I'm sad he hasn't experienced any success yet, but I'm not convinced it's because he has the wrong machine, but I do understand the frustrating nature of being in an area loaded with ironstone--been there--done that--many times, but with enough experience, a nugget shooter should still be able to hear the gold in the same area as well. A super-magnet on a wand would help solve a lot of the ironstone problem as when the ironstone is plucked out of the equation in a selected area, things quiet down fast and then the gold is easier to hear.

I think Horst was in an area of concentrated ironstone, but I believe he needs more time-on-task. As Steve H. over on detectorprospector.com recommends, I believe Horst needs to get some various sizes of little pieces of aluminum, go sprinkle or bury them on or in some test ground and practice finding those bits with his machine (as they sound like gold) until he "tunes" his ear to what he's looking for. There's no substitute for time spent swinging a machine while finding and recovering targets--no substitute whatsoever.

All the best, and thanks for extending your generous offer to Horst,

Lanny
    Last edited by Lanny in AB; Dec 06, 2018 at 09:19 AM.
    bug and beekbuster like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

de
    Apr 2017
    Germany
    Whites GMT + Minelab SDC2300
    49 times
    Prospecting
    I have received so much very valuable help and already have made friends here on treasurenet. It really means a world to me. Last year we met Joe right here on treasurenet. He picked us up at the hotel - we never met before - we went to Roaring Camp together, Kerstin my lovely wife, Joe and me. After a few hours Kerstin and I felt like we have known him forever. So is Rick - we met him in California and he let me work on his claim on the North Yuba. Unfortunately I did not hear from him since the fires went on. I'm praying for him but god knows what happened. I still hope to hear from him. We also met Pauly "Pioneer Pauly" in Canada. A hell of a good person!There are so many good people out here. Thank you all and god bless you and yours.
    I know I don't have the chance to practice under live conditions. I have a very limited time when travelling overseas. I enjoyed Joe's and my trip to Stanton AZ this year very much. I did not find gold but BBs, tiny pieces of lead shavings, all kinds of crap und a burrow shoe at least 100 years old.
    I'm still dreaming of my first piece of gold with a MD but being out there with friends is worth much more.
    Now, my next project will be "hunting another animal" like beekbuster supposed. I will try to get me a Nox 800 as soon as my budget allows and start hunting coins and relics as a lot of guys been roaming my area hundreds of years ago.
    I wish you and your families a very happy and peaceful christmas. The days before christmas are the days most miracles happen.

God bless

Horst

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    4867 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Horst View Post
    I have received so much very valuable help and already have made friends here on treasurenet. It really means a world to me. Last year we met Joe right here on treasurenet. He picked us up at the hotel - we never met before - we went to Roaring Camp together, Kerstin my lovely wife, Joe and me. After a few hours Kerstin and I felt like we have known him forever. So is Rick - we met him in California and he let me work on his claim on the North Yuba. Unfortunately I did not hear from him since the fires went on. I'm praying for him but god knows what happened. I still hope to hear from him. We also met Pauly "Pioneer Pauly" in Canada. A hell of a good person!There are so many good people out here. Thank you all and god bless you and yours.
    I know I don't have the chance to practice under live conditions. I have a very limited time when travelling overseas. I enjoyed Joe's and my trip to Stanton AZ this year very much. I did not find gold but BBs, tiny pieces of lead shavings, all kinds of crap und a burrow shoe at least 100 years old.
    I'm still dreaming of my first piece of gold with a MD but being out there with friends is worth much more.
    Now, my next project will be "hunting another animal" like beekbuster supposed. I will try to get me a Nox 800 as soon as my budget allows and start hunting coins and relics as a lot of guys been roaming my area hundreds of years ago.
    I wish you and your families a very happy and peaceful christmas. The days before christmas are the days most miracles happen.

God bless

Horst
    You really do live in a ripe area for historical-artifact and coin hunting, so here's good luck to you, and all the best as any time you invest in coin-shooting or relic hunting will only help tune your overall metal-detecting senses, regardless of the type of metal you chase as it's all knowledge in the bank,

Lanny
    beekbuster and delnorter like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links