Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, thank you for the videos & pictures, looks like quite a few people attended, bunches of detectors, some nice dirt riding metal was brought along, some comfy living was also brought along, 'some folks' drive/ride fast, lots of country to be out in and some interesting comments about the ML equipment.

I thought your side bar was very interesting - a GPZ 7000, Equinox 600 (? why not the 800), of course the lone Tesoro and then some interesting support equipment. And of course the net address for knives (that I've not gotten back to yet).

So the still pictures - the first bunch had of course the first 'music', so what are you usually doing when you are listening to it? (not the personal stuff) The Donkeys brought back memories of Way Back When several buddies and I went out back of Bakersfield, like up a dirt road that had the creek flowing down it that took us in to an old mining district roughly one valley over from Death Valley. That particular dry country valley had its own donkeys so I smiled when I saw them in your picture. After several days of jeeping 'out there', on our way out we noticed a Nice waterfall (may not exist now due to drought) so we stop for a truly needed bath. Fun time but no comfy living on that trip!!................63bkpkr

PICT0012.JPG Dirty ride but fun! Yes that is a Girl Scout pin on the hat, proud of it too! Any comments yet on your two newer detectors?

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Terry!! Looks like you were up the Little San Domingo if I am not mistaken. I recognize the steel jackass on the mountain, the big old mine ruins and those graves from my trip out there a year ago. Looks like a fun trip!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, thank you for the videos & pictures, looks like quite a few people attended, bunches of detectors, some nice dirt riding metal was brought along, some comfy living was also brought along, 'some folks' drive/ride fast, lots of country to be out in and some interesting comments about the ML equipment.

I thought your side bar was very interesting - a GPZ 7000, Equinox 600 (? why not the 800), of course the lone Tesoro and then some interesting support equipment. And of course the net address for knives (that I've not gotten back to yet).

So the still pictures - the first bunch had of course the first 'music', so what are you usually doing when you are listening to it? (not the personal stuff) The Donkeys brought back memories of Way Back When several buddies and I went out back of Bakersfield, like up a dirt road that had the creek flowing down it that took us in to an old mining district roughly one valley over from Death Valley. That particular dry country valley had its own donkeys so I smiled when I saw them in your picture. After several days of jeeping 'out there', on our way out we noticed a Nice waterfall (may not exist now due to drought) so we stop for a truly needed bath. Fun time but no comfy living on that trip!!................63bkpkr

View attachment 1651956 Dirty ride but fun! Yes that is a Girl Scout pin on the hat, proud of it too! Any comments yet on your two newer detectors?

I got the 600 for the beach here in New York, as well as dirt and farm field hunting. I was holding out for a chance to win a Gold Monster 1000, at Bill's outing, but all I won in the raffle was an AMRA Beanie!:laughing7: I have the GPZ for hunting big and deep gold, so I think I'll get a Gold Monster after seeing it up against the Equinox 800, for the small shallow stuff. Usually listening to a mix that is too eclectic for most folks (Lakeside to King Crimson). Love the Equinox for the beach, park, and field hunting - just LOVE it!

Sent you and email on the questions you had on the other items!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Terry!! Looks like you were up the Little San Domingo if I am not mistaken. I recognize the steel jackass on the mountain, the big old mine ruins and those graves from my trip out there a year ago. Looks like a fun trip!!

You nailed it! Jackass Flats, Just across Little San Domingo Wash.
I had a GREAT time!:occasion14:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry,

It was good to listen to some solid tips from people that have spent many years and many hours refining the detecting process!

Thanks for taking the opportunity, and for taking the time to be thoughtful enough to pass those tips along.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions