Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree29Likes
  • 9 Post By TerryC
  • 4 Post By Hoser John
  • 4 Post By TerryC
  • 2 Post By Hawks88
  • 3 Post By Lanny in AB
  • 4 Post By AllenJ
  • 3 Post By oneguy

Thread: I bought a Gold Monster Yesterday.Ive been trying

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6104 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I bought a Gold Monster Yesterday.I've been trying

I've been trying since Tuesday to get one from Miner's Depot in Quartzsite. Finally got one yesterday before they were sold out. I then went to the club claims where I found the .22 gram picker last year. EVERYBODY there were using the Monster. The club did a "push" and a dozen guys and gals were detecting, using the Monsters. One fellow showed me a vial with 64 tiny and small nuggies he got out of the push since it was dug a week ago. PeteyGirl and I detected for about three hours and only found trash and birdshot. I met Charlie, a previous president of the club (QMDC). He and a friend showed me a pic of a 9 ounce nugget found by "Wendy" recently, 25 miles from our location. A specific gravity was done and the rock has 6 ounces of gold in it. WE'RE DIGGING IN THE WRONG PLACE!" Oh, well, I'm sure I will find my gold with the Monster. More time on it is needed. I also have my GB2 yet so I can pull out my test gold and compare the two machines. Perused a few Bill Southern videos on You Tube for good measure. PG and I will hunt here 'til the 28th then try the detectors up at Stanton for three weeks. Look for us at the number 18 pull-through for three weeks starting March 1st. We'll be working Weaver, Roadrunner, and LDMA/GPAA claims.... 'til my back gives out. See you there! TTC
    In a life and death fight, stop defending yourself. You must become the aggressor ​...... or die.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6601 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I know some folks who are quite impressed with that new model also. Learning curve on all machines is a bit tough but worth the time-lots of luck-John

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6104 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have already noticed ONE thing I don't like about the monster. All the workings are above the stem making it top heavy (still... as light as the GB2) causing it to swing down when holding the stem. But, I can live with that, TTC
    In a life and death fight, stop defending yourself. You must become the aggressor ​...... or die.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    6513 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good luck with you new machine.
    TerryC and beekbuster like this.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    6104 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    I know some folks who are quite impressed with that new model also. Learning curve on all machines is a bit tough but worth the time-lots of luck-John
    Hello, Hoser! Haven't heard from you in a little while. How's it going? TTC

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5004 times
    Prospecting
    Terry,

Great to see that you're out chasing the gold with a new machine. Hope you get some gold with it soon.

All the best,

Lanny
    TerryC, Jim Hemmingway and Hawks88 like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Mar 2018
    Northern CA
    White's TDI SL, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer
    126 times
    Prospecting
    Congrats on your purchase Terry, it is one I'm probably going to make in the very near future. The Bill Southern videos are nice too, they're in depth and he really gets into what you need to be listening for. Good luck sir, I hope you find a big one!

us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000
    610 times
    Metal Detecting
    super easy machine to learn and swing.... you'll love your Monster!!!!!
    TerryC, Lanny in AB and Hawks88 like this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links