write offs

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
my honey hole is all dried up. im sure there is more but not worth the effort and limited time for recreating so im retiring this location. found 2 bits for 6 grains. the surprising thing is they are both pocket gold. one was found where id expect it to be, the other was in the ancient channel. 3 feet from a 9 grain placer piece i found a few weeks ago. this location gave me some serious schooling on what is where it is and why. maybe someday ill have the latest and greatest detector and ill have a shot at finding the lunker lurking beyond the reach of my 45.....took the sdc today, wanted to minimize the chance of a skunk today.

0217191551a.jpg

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done, congrats sir.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever wonder if there is any significant amount of small gold, smaller than your detector will detect, associated with those rotted veins laying in place? I do. I have a spot that has given up some great gold that I have never even panned a single shovel of dirt (due to remoteness and lack of water). What am I missing I wonder?

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
this spot i panned a few scoops from around where i had retrieved nuggets, but not a speck was found. on the other hand at another spot i can scrape and detect 1-2 grain pickers. about 70 of them so far over a half dozen trips. that would be a great spot to pan or drywash.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ever wonder if there is any significant amount of small gold, smaller than your detector will detect, associated with those rotted veins laying in place? I do. I have a spot that has given up some great gold that I have never even panned a single shovel of dirt (due to remoteness and lack of water). What am I missing I wonder?

Sometimes it really pays to take samples when you're finding nuggets to check for smaller, associated gold, and other times it doesn't pay at all. But, because of the times that it does pay, it's always a great habit to test as enough times (for me anyway), it pays well.

All the best,

Lanny

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

its why I am planing to build a self contained panning system for areas away from water. I have been inspired by the rotopan. a friend took me to a bedrock exposure on a hillside near my bosses claim said he got a good bit of gold there either siving or drypanning but think a wet
concentrating sustem would be great. thinking maybe a wagon set up may be harder than a hand truck but no weight at all when your not pulling on handle

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
0223191711b.jpg . decisions, decisions. thought about doing a scouting trip today, but i know its going to be a while before i can get back out so i opted for the picker bank rather than roll the dice on a new spot.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
might look like a hand full, but dont be fooled. 36.5 grains. hair over 2 grams. still a load of fun and learning too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions