Whites Goldmaster 24K vs. Minelab Gold Monster 1000? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Whites Goldmaster 24K vs. Minelab Gold Monster 1000?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Honorary Member of the Central Alabama Artifact Society (C.A.A.S)

Jan 2008
    Canada
    F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Oh well fellows, I'm not in the market for a new gold detector at the present time either. But I do enjoy reading different opinions on the latest market offerings. I see nothing disrespectful or even disagreeable about any of these posts.

I also have a lot of respect and genuine liking for the guys on this forum. Terry Soloman is an experienced, highly successful nugget hunter. He is, and has always been forthright about expressing his views. I admire his willingness to step up to the plate and say what he thinks. We all realize that as a group we are not always going to be fully in agreement with everything that is said here. And that's fine, different strokes for different folks!!!

Jim.
    Time, oh good, good time...where did you go?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3252 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hemmingway View Post
    Oh well fellows, I'm not in the market for a new gold detector at the present time either. But I do enjoy reading different opinions on the latest market offerings. I see nothing disrespectful or even disagreeable about any of these posts.

I also have a lot of respect and genuine liking for the guys on this forum. Terry Soloman is an experienced, highly successful nugget hunter. He is, and has always been forthright about expressing his views. I admire his willingness to step up to the plate and say what he thinks. We all realize that as a group we are not always going to be fully in agreement with everything that is said here. And that's fine, different strokes for different folks!!!

Jim.
    Yup, Jim, if we didn't disagree, there'd only be one detector made and sold!...LOL
    Jim

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
    7729 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    This net is world-wide. No one can expect all will have the same likes. The detectors available are as varied as the uses for them. That is how it should be. The competition is keen. And that is also how it should be. TTC
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144 1-2

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3252 times
    Prospecting
    How in heck are we going to have a fight if all you guys are going to be so reasonable?.....LOL
    Jim

Sep 2004
    80 times
    I have a friend up in Nevada that is a long time pro using the GB2, he bought a GM1000 when they came out, he says its great. Does the job well.
    GPX4500 Coiltek Elite 14" round mono, 14X9 NF Evo, Commander 11" dd, MXT Pro 8x6 SEF, Detech 6"DD Excellerator, Detech 4.5"DD Excellerator, SP01 Enhancer.

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5339 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by MXT SNIPER View Post
    I have a friend up in Nevada that is a long time pro using the GB2, he bought a GM1000 when they came out, he says its great. Does the job well.
    That's great to know as my wife will be using one this season, so it's always great to have feedback (first or second-hand) about someone that was a longtime GB2 user.

Thanks for the input, and as for the discussion about the detectors, I've always found that people have opinions, and I respect that. I also respect that it's OK to agree to disagree and that no offence needs to be taken because of that. However, some people have a hard time with that, but that's their problem: at some point, people have to own their issues, and some never do. So, I'm glad people on this forum are reasonable with their responses, which makes this such a great forum.

All the best,

Lanny
    TerryC, AllenJ, MXT SNIPER and 3 others like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Tesoro LST, Tejon, Whites GMT, Makro Gold Kruzer, Falcon MD20, Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro Pointer AT.
    328 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    YES! They were tested side by side at Bill Southern's Nuggetshooter Palooza at Jackass Flats a few months ago. The "new" Whites is simply a repackaged GMT. Very capable, but nothing new. The Goldmonster kick its butt on depth, and sensitivity to small nuggletts. The microprocessor in the 1000 is NEW and changes the game. Apples and Oranges.

I had a feeling that this was the case with the 24K. I noticed that the VSAT was more compressed with fewer settings, and the digital display is very simple with a lot of graphics instead of information. I was going to buy one since they aren't very expensive, but when I found out that the coils are specific the the 24K and I couldn't use my GMT coils, I pretty much nixed that idea. I got the Makro Gold Kruzer last year, and I'm very happy with it. The amount of information and options available on the Gold Kruzer is amazing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links