White's Goldmaster 24K vs. Minelab Gold Monster 1000?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a friend up in Nevada that is a long time pro using the GB2, he bought a GM1000 when they came out, he says its great. Does the job well.

That's great to know as my wife will be using one this season, so it's always great to have feedback (first or second-hand) about someone that was a longtime GB2 user.

Thanks for the input, and as for the discussion about the detectors, I've always found that people have opinions, and I respect that. I also respect that it's OK to agree to disagree and that no offence needs to be taken because of that. However, some people have a hard time with that, but that's their problem: at some point, people have to own their issues, and some never do. So, I'm glad people on this forum are reasonable with their responses, which makes this such a great forum.

All the best,

Lanny

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
YES! They were tested side by side at Bill Southern's Nuggetshooter Palooza at Jackass Flats a few months ago. The "new" Whites is simply a repackaged GMT. Very capable, but nothing new. The Goldmonster kick its butt on depth, and sensitivity to small nuggletts. The microprocessor in the 1000 is NEW and changes the game. Apples and Oranges.:skullflag:

I had a feeling that this was the case with the 24K. I noticed that the VSAT was more compressed with fewer settings, and the digital display is very simple with a lot of graphics instead of information. I was going to buy one since they aren't very expensive, but when I found out that the coils are specific the the 24K and I couldn't use my GMT coils, I pretty much nixed that idea. I got the Makro Gold Kruzer last year, and I'm very happy with it. The amount of information and options available on the Gold Kruzer is amazing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread