Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Whites Goldmaster 24K vs. Minelab Gold Monster 1000?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2017
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

White's Goldmaster 24K vs. Minelab Gold Monster 1000?

Has anybody done a field comparison of the two machines? Not looking to start any arguments. Just curious about the two machines. Have seen a lot of Gold Monster videos, but very few Goldmaster 24K videos.

Thanks,

Jeff
    TerryC likes this.

us
    Mar 2018
    Northern CA
    White's TDI SL, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer
    150 times
    Prospecting
    I don't have either machine but am looking to get a new VLF for nugget shooting and have researched both extensively. I've not seen anything about the two being compared in the field that I trusted enough to make me want one over the other but what I have found out is that while both do the same job they are very different machines. The Gold Monster is a ground balance and go machine, there are only a couple of settings for the user to choose from, the 24k can be used either as a ground balance and go machine or there a many more settings the user can customize to his liking. I especially like that the 24k has an adjustable threshold, when I'm working next to a noisy river or creek that is something I need with my hearing. I really don't think you can go wrong with either machine, the GM is a proven gold finder and the 24k is the latest technology with a new ground balance system that from what I've read is really good.
    TerryC and Jim Hemmingway like this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    21166 times
    Metal Detecting
    YES! They were tested side by side at Bill Southern's Nuggetshooter Palooza at Jackass Flats a few months ago. The "new" Whites is simply a repackaged GMT. Very capable, but nothing new. The Goldmonster kick its butt on depth, and sensitivity to small nuggletts. The microprocessor in the 1000 is NEW and changes the game. Apples and Oranges.

us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000
    666 times
    Metal Detecting
    I've read a couple of comparisions and they seemed very close? At least with the Monster it definitely has some history and a LOT of users, time, and GOLD under it's belt? I'm new to nugget shooting relatively and I absolutely love my Monster and it's an absolute pleasure to swing, a very easy machine to learn and bangs on the tiniest gold. You won't have any problems along the river if you use headphones. I run mine up in the hills mostly using the speaker only and it can go very loud if you turn up the volume and it doesn't seem to run down the battery. It's also nice (imo) to be able to hunt without headphones and cords getting hung up, etc. Battery life is also very good. The machine is very fast. Here's my smallest piece found with the Monster with the circle around it....other pic is first/last seasons totals, all with the Monster....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inkedsat. & sun. - Copy_LI.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	1688056

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	1688057

us
    Mar 2018
    Northern CA
    150 times
    Prospecting
    And that is why I said "I've not seen anything about the two being compared in the field that I trusted". The Jackass Flats test was flawed to say the least, the guy with the 24k was new to the machine and not from the area, and going up against guys with years of experience using the GM1000 on their home ground. I'm sorry but to me that's more of a setup than a comparison. And if the 24k is a "repackaged GMT" why then does it have new features like a new ground balancing system and more power to the coil. That is not a repackaging, they added new features on an already good gold detector.

Bottom line is both detectors are very capable and made by reputable companies with a history of making great VLF gold machines. If you want a pick up and go machine I would choose the GM1000. If you want a machine that once learned, could give you better results due to being able to customize to the soil you're working, the 24k deserves a look. I honestly don't believe you can go wrong with either detector though.

us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000
    666 times
    Metal Detecting
    maybe this will help ya some?

(Link deleted for rule violation, no links to competing forums)
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Mar 07, 2019 at 06:04 PM.
    AllenJ likes this.

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5126 times
    Prospecting
    Don't own either machine, but the above link is worth a read, and all of the information posted here so far is indeed interesting.

I'm not sure this has been covered yet, but from the people I know that run the Monster, the learning curve seems to be substantially less than that of the 24K.

Jeff, the only reason I bring this up, is I have no idea what your level of experience is with detectors. Are you a seasoned nugget shooter, or are you just beginning? The reason I ask is many people new to the pursuit of gold nuggets with a detector get discouraged by the learning curve, by the amount of time needed in the field, by the foreign nature of hunting nuggets vs. hunting coins and artifacts (if that's what you've been doing). So, as Hoser John says, many detectors wind up in closets, hardly ever seeing the light of day.

If you are an experienced nugget shooter, then I'll leave it to those that know either machine well, but if you're just beginning, I understand that the Monster is simple to use, so that equates to getting out of the gate much faster if you're new to nugget hunting, and the Monster is now a proven platform as well, having been out longer. (Not that the 24K might not be better at some things or maybe even better at many things, but for a quick startup to get finding gold, the Monster is a better choice from everything I've been told by those that use them.)

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28752 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
    maybe this will help ya some?

(Link deleted for rule violation, no links to competing forums)
    Sorry, link deleted, it violates our rules, you can use PMs.
    TerryC likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

ca
    Jul 2014
    Port Perry, Ontario
    Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
    1077 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have looked at both machines, out of interest and not because I am buying one anytime soon. I really don't need another detector. From what I have learned, I would probably get the Monster. I like the idea of less features and ease of use, on what seems to be a very capable machine. I don't tend to use the extra/custom features on my other detectors. Nothing wrong with the other detector either. I am sure if you put your coil over most detectable nuggets, that either one will work.
    TerryC and Lanny in AB like this.
    See my YouTube channel for amateur and fun videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz...OeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6364 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ View Post
    And that is why I said "I've not seen anything about the two being compared in the field that I trusted". The Jackass Flats test was flawed to say the least, the guy with the 24k was new to the machine and not from the area, and going up against guys with years of experience using the GM1000 on their home ground. I'm sorry but to me that's more of a setup than a comparison. And if the 24k is a "repackaged GMT" why then does it have new features like a new ground balancing system and more power to the coil. That is not a repackaging, they added new features on an already good gold detector.
    L
    Bottom line is both detectors are very capable and made by reputable companies with a history of making great VLF gold machines. If you want a pick up and go machine I would choose the GM1000. If you want a machine that once learned, could give you better results due to being able to customize to the soil you're working, the 24k deserves a look. I honestly don't believe you can go wrong with either detector though.
    Allen, Terry S is a well known, experienced detectorist. I also call him a close friend. That being said, it is refreshing to see someone, yourself, that has taken the time to do some research. Too many here take the word of us older salts as gospel. I will pay more attention to your posts. I am giving you the highest compliment! ( But, please be gentle on him ( tsk tsk). TTC
    Just because your car could breakdown doesn't mean you should always walk. It does mean that you shouldn’t forget how to walk.

us
    Mar 2018
    Northern CA
    150 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    Allen, Terry S is a well known, experienced detectorist. I also call him a close friend. That being said, it is refreshing to see someone, yourself, that has taken the time to do some research. Too many here take the word of us older salts as gospel. I will pay more attention to your posts. I am giving you the highest compliment! ( But, please be gentle on him ( tsk tsk). TTC
    I completely understand and wish to apologize to Mr. Soloman, reading my post back to myself today I can see it does look harsh to me also. I should have taken more care the day I wrote it so please accept my apology sir. Thank you Terry C for pointing this out to me also, I don't ever want to known as an unreasonable person.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2825 times
    Prospecting
    I completely understand and wish to apologize to Mr. Soloman, reading my post back to myself today I can see it does look harsh to me also. I should have taken more care the day I wrote it so please accept my apology sir. Thank you Terry C for pointing this out to me also, I don't ever want to known as an unreasonable person.
    Allen, I saw nothing wrong with your response to Terry. Straight talk, but not unreasonable. Terry is somewhat biased against White's and rarely has anything good to say about their products. That said, I consider Terry a friend, and value his contributions, though I take his opinions of Whte's products with a grain of salt. (or maybe two)...LOL
    Jim
    TerryC and Terry Soloman like this.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6364 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    Allen, I saw nothing wrong with your response to Terry. Straight talk, but not unreasonable. Terry is somewhat biased against White's and rarely has anything good to say about their products. That said, I consider Terry a friend, and value his contributions, though I take his opinions of Whte's products with a grain of salt. (or maybe two)...LOL
    Jim
    We all have our biases, yet, we all have something to contribute. If we all thought alike, we would all be robots and then this site would not be. Good solid debate is NEEDED because that is how we move forward. Tnx. TTC
    Just because your car could breakdown doesn't mean you should always walk. It does mean that you shouldn’t forget how to walk.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    21166 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hey, I am super cool with all of this! My opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. Allen was not with us when I went out with Debbie (from Minelab), to a couple of old mines and a cabin site up the San Domingo wash. The Whites machine is a good machine, and in the right hands will find a lot of gold. Now, the "new ground balancing system," to me, is just lipstick on the old ground balancing system - no perceptual differences or advantages in actual use. The microprocessor in the Goldmonster however, is able to really track in bad ground, and even cues the Greenhorn user to re-ground with a couple of pumps when the mineralization dramatically changes. The "more power to the coil" claim is true, but is a bit of a red herring, because in field tests next to the GMT, and the Goldmonster, it showed no advantage whatsoever.

Anyone that follows my posts knows I dislike Whites. I think they are overpriced, over hyped, and I really don't like their dealer tactics. Whites machines can find anything all the other machines can find, but I'll never buy one again. Well, that is my confession, but I would rather have the Goldmonster 1000 as my VLF nuggetshooter simply because it is a better machine.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    6364 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Hey, I am super cool with all of this! My opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. Allen was not with us when I went out with Debbie (from Minelab), to a couple of old mines and a cabin site up the San Domingo wash. The Whites machine is a good machine, and in the right hands will find a lot of gold. Now, the "new ground balancing system," to me, is just lipstick on the old ground balancing system - no perceptual differences or advantages in actual use. The microprocessor in the Goldmonster however, is able to really track in bad ground, and even cues the Greenhorn user to re-ground with a couple of pumps when the mineralization dramatically changes. The "more power to the coil" claim is true, but is a bit of a red herring, because in field tests next to the GMT, and the Goldmonster, it showed no advantage whatsoever.

Anyone that follows my posts knows I dislike Whites. I think they are overpriced, over hyped, and I really don't like their dealer tactics. Whites machines can find anything all the other machines can find, but I'll never buy one again. Well, that is my confession, but I would rather have the Goldmonster 1000 as my VLF nuggetshooter simply because it is a better machine.

And Terry S must also admit that I'm better looking! TTC
    Last edited by TerryC; Mar 14, 2019 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links