tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone posted this photo on LinkedIn without much info on it. To me it's kinda interesting to think about the story going on here. I'm thinking this is somewhere in Africa and each miner holds a claim measured in a few cubic feet. The man with the metal detector is announcing to the crowd, he will search your claim for a percentage of the finds with his awesome piece of technology.

Attachments

• 0 (2).jpeg
    0 (2).jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 602
Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
He will likely be King until some armed not so kosher folks decide that they should have the metal detector for their own use. Now if the King is armed and has armed help, he might get by okay and make some money and make others money. Now if some Warlord comes in and claims all the land as well as the claims for himself and forces everyone there to find the Gold for him, then all bets are off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He will likely be King until some armed not so kosher folks decide that they should have the metal detector for their own use. Now if the King is armed and has armed help, he might get by okay and make some money and make others money. Now if some Warlord comes in and claims all the land as well as the claims for himself and forces everyone there to find the Gold for him, then all bets are off.
No doubt it's a lawless little mining camp. I was thinking the two standing behind the guy with the MD might be a couple of his dignitaries to act as persuasive negotiators.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They dont know how it works he could find a good signal and say nothing here then have a cohort by the claim lol

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an old Bounty Hunter.

(Just kidding.)

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
its a vlf. but for an area that has never seen a detector it is as good as gold. that picture reminds me how lucky I am to be an American.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meh... the gold they find there tends to be fine.

There are some fabulous detector finds in Africa though. Sudan, Mali.

I had seen a video where guys had these big reef chunks . All crystallized. They were cutting them apart with a hand saw.

Cant find the video now.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher, I saw that video also, maybe a year or more ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread