Good Weekend nugget shooting in Virginia

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a great weekend out nugget shooting in VA. On saturday i took the GPX 4800 out with the 11 inch coiltek elite and hit an old mine site that buddies of mine have found nuggets at in the past. After about an hour of detecting trash targets i got a nice mellow signal in the logging road, and out pops a nice little 10 grain nugget. I contiuned to work this area of the road and three more nuggets popped out, smallest was 5 grains biggest was 1.1 grams. By mid day the heat and humidity where getting to be to much so i called it a day. These are the first pieces of gold that i have found with my GPX.

20190803_130430.jpg

On Sunday i had to go down to my normal creek and pull my dredge since im planning on using it this coming weekend elsewhere. So i took the gold monster with me and after i finished loading the dredge up i hit my little stream picker patch thats produced well in the past with the gold monster and equinox 800. Well it produced again and this time produced the largest piece i have yet to find with the gold monster, a nice 1 gram nugget that was about 3 inches in decomposed bedrock. It was blowing the speaker up.

20190804_130206.jpg

Over all a great weekend, and my most successful weekend nugget shooting so far. In total i got 4.5 grams for about 4 or 5 hours of detecting. Definitely loving my detectors this year.

Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
FANTASTIC! Congratulations on some great looking yella.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome job, congrats sir!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please feel free to send us the coordinates of where you are finding these honkers. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread