Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear fellow hunters,

just returned from a trip to CA. Did not find much Gold but had lots of fun. If you look up my posts you will see my full travel Report.

As I am coming over from Germany I would highly appreciate receiving some tips and suggestions on where to go what to do around Quartzite as we have never been there before. I'm even willing to pay a fee to receive permission to do some detecting on some private claim and/or land.

My friend Joe from CA is going to pick me up in Las Vegas and then we'll head over to Quartzite and will are planning on visiting the Gold Show in Phoenix 07/08March 2020 as well.

All your kind help and input is highly appreciated.

AU2U

Horst

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you may have received this advice before but...you and your friend should get familiar with this website. Welcome to Land Matters...the best resource available for gold prospectors!!! Click on maps, then mining claims, then Arizona mining claims and locate the Quartzite area claims. Do your detecting off the claims unless you have permission but adjacent or nearby areas are often productive. Note: Stay on Federal land (BLM or National Forest) as state land in Arizona is off limits for prospecting.

Good luck.

Last edited:

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've prospected quartzsite twice the last time we spent 3 weeks there and didn't find much but we saw other people find nuggets so they're there.

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its a tough place to hunt, easy access and has been hunted till hell wont have it. Research off the hiway places or contact a club with some properties...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Good advice has been given here ! Back when, I used to do my research on the state I'm going to and the clubs in the area. Then I'd join one or two of theses clubs to get access and info of the area. Who knows you might find a life long buddy in that club! Anyway good luck on your trip !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread