Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naaaaah! Tooooo showy! Besides...where are you ever gonna wear that without being called tacky!!??

I wouldn't want to find one! I'm not ready for my heart attack!!!!

Green.....envy...jealous....
Congrats!
:notworthy:

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dayum that’s a killer find. Congrats

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out looking for coins and popped this baby out !!

CONGRATZ!!!

I'd love to stumble upon a ' nugget ' like that in N GA. ...Guess it could happen but ill likely find 10 CSA plates before the nugget .

I'm leaving on a cross country hunt ( For Charity ) & I should be in N Ca by 2021 . Ill hunt my nugget then . ''''LOL'''

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Wow that's a beautiful nugget! Looks like a big old hunk of bubble gum! Congratulations on your find.

Last edited:

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That slab was only 3'' deep and you thought it was just a penny? A piece that size should have sounded off like a whole roll of coins !!!!
I'm sure you are missing gold in that area. Time to slow down and dig everything. Some of what you are sure is trash might surprise you. Turn off discrimination and dig it all is the only way to know for sure. Dennis

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find! I vote banner.

Wow thats a hell of a score well done sir!!

Joe-Dirt can I have it after you die?

I'll take it after you Toecutter. Or we could just split it three ways. :laughing7:

EDIT: The vote for banner button isn't showing up. I hope the mods see my comment!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
have you named it yet? looks like a banana slug to me. that is one well rounded chunk you have there! i heard a story of a 4oz found behind the mill in happy camp once upon a time.... Ive never beat around the far north of california.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
That slab was only 3'' deep and you thought it was just a penny? A piece that size should have sounded off like a whole roll of coins !!!!
I'm sure you are missing gold in that area. Time to slow down and dig everything. Some of what you are sure is trash might surprise you. Turn off discrimination and dig it all is the only way to know for sure. Dennis

I know that for a fact. For those of you that have seen Ray Mill's 20 dwt. pice on the cover of icmj recently...... a few weeks before he found that i was beating the hills in that area. I avoided the area after the fire because i knew it was being hammered by everyone, and i dont like crowds. well after i couldnt take the pictures anymore i figured id give it a try. after a day of beating the hills and finding where all those picutures had been taken... and a few more hours of searching, i was wore out and heading back to the truck..... i stopped along the trail at a spot that looked good. turned on the detector and it set down on a huge signal, i said " trash city" turned it off and went home..... fast forward 3 weeks and on the same ravine i bump int ray laying under the shade of a lone surviving baked branch. i sat down and asked him if he had any luck.....he says "oh yeah" in a mundane voice...then after a few seconds he tosses me a pill bottle. i could feel the weight when i caught it. i opened it, ploped it in my hand and said some adult language. then of course i had to ask.." where did you find that!".... "right there" he pointed.

at that moment i remembered where i was and that 3 weeks ago i sat my coil right on it and said "trash" keep going........I will never forget that.
lessons you remember best are learned the hard way

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep coming back to this nugget and looking at it. Its nice!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Amazing, incredible find!

Congratulations, and all the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know that for a fact. For those of you that have seen Ray Mill's 20 dwt. pice on the cover of icmj recently...... a few weeks before he found that i was beating the hills in that area. I avoided the area after the fire because i knew it was being hammered by everyone, and i dont like crowds. well after i couldnt take the pictures anymore i figured id give it a try. after a day of beating the hills and finding where all those picutures had been taken... and a few more hours of searching, i was wore out and heading back to the truck..... i stopped along the trail at a spot that looked good. turned on the detector and it set down on a huge signal, i said " trash city" turned it off and went home..... fast forward 3 weeks and on the same ravine i bump int ray laying under the shade of a lone surviving baked branch. i sat down and asked him if he had any luck.....he says "oh yeah" in a mundane voice...then after a few seconds he tosses me a pill bottle. i could feel the weight when i caught it. i opened it, ploped it in my hand and said some adult language. then of course i had to ask.." where did you find that!".... "right there" he pointed.

at that moment i remembered where i was and that 3 weeks ago i sat my coil right on it and said "trash" keep going........I will never forget that.
lessons you remember best are learned the hard way

Ouch! That was a hard lesson indeed.

All the best, and thanks for the story,

Lanny

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was kind of curious if this one was found in the black..but didn't want to ask too many details. Lots of ground scorched.

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is awesome. Biggest congrats possible!!!!!!!! I'm going to AZ in March 2020 looking for Nuggets with my MDs but honestly if I'd find a sweet Baby like this I'd probably get a heart attack.............

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, not having any experience in these, can you tell me whats its worth? (I'm guessing its a collectors piece & not melt?)
Anyone??

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent the OP a possible contact for getting it appraised, but never got a response.

I'm just going to throw a number out there based on nothing more than gut instinct...$5,000 to $6,000?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent the OP a possible contact for getting it appraised, but never got a response.

I'm just going to throw a number out there based on nothing more than gut instinct...$5,000 to $6,000?
OK thanks for the answer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread