Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Any information on the use of the ... Minelab Eureka Gold .... is it good for nugget prospecting......Or do you have better ideas for under $1000.00...I asked nuggethunter his thoughts on it he likes the...Tesoro ST.... And i see some one else said that they like the .....Garrett Infinum.....Be looking for your input...As i am going out west for about a month in the spring and what detector would be best>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. ==Jim==

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TLST/Fisher GB2 work just fine for me. Smallest coils for both are a great addition for complete versatility.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Willy

On the AK Gold forum, the Eureka gold (in the detector recommendations) isn't rated as highly as one might think. I'd seriously check out the XTerra 70 with the HF DD coil. There have been reports of it doing as well (or better than) the dedicated VLF nuggethunters. It also does a lot better when going through a trashy area or when encountering high-iron hotrocks. ..Willy.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I've never tried the Eureka but I have read of others finding some gold with it. Problem is, VLFs are too limited in depth for most popular gold fields today. I used to own a Minelab XT17000 and that was a pretty good VLF machine, probably the deepest of all the VLF machines that I owned, but shallow surface nuggets are getting too hard anymore to find out where I go prospecting.

So my advice is, if you're going to spend at least grand on a gold detector you may as well go all the way and cough up a few hundred bucks more to get the SD2100v2. At least then you've got a depth advantage without really losing sensitivity to smaller gold nuggets.

Ray

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
You keep talking about the Whites MXT I have the DXF are they not as good?

Thanks
Cat

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
......Thanks for the input .....but now i ordered my self the ...Garrett Infinum... hope it is a good detector........................==Jim==

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Cat J said:
You keep talking about the Whites MXT I have the DXF are they not as good?

Thanks
Cat
...I am not sure but i don't think the DFX is a good gold detector.........And i seen were the MXT will not find small nuggets..................==Jim==

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions