Trip to Quartzsite AZ

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm planing a trip to AZ soon and would really love to do some metal detecting for gold while I'm there. A little bit of digging, some sun worshiping, some aimless wandering with a Bounty Hunter IV. Total newb at this. I'd love to spend a few days, maybe even a week or two and just enjoy the experience. My question is: Can I join a club to gain access to claims, or is that looked down on for just a single trip? Due to a medical diagnosis, I find I have little time left on this good earth - and I plan on enjoying myself until the 'time'. The main thing I'd like to do is metal detect for gold. Something I've never done. Is it acceptable to join a club, knowing that I'm only a visitor on a mission? I just felt this is the best way to make sure I stay safe/legal/fair when it comes to wandering around the desert looking for the shiny stuff. I am not a newb on gold, but I am on detecting. I'd love to try it - but prefer to stay where I'm safe and accepted. Thanks.

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get ahold of TerryC. He seems to frequent the area Quartzite somewhat.

OP
OP
sidvail

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Clay. Did some more research last night and found some clubs. Guess I should have just asked directly. I'll join today :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread