Upvote 0

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hey all,

Just wondering where you go to find gold nuggets? I know in CA somewhere, and I know some of you have claims or whatever. How can someone find gold nuggets without a claim? Say if they just visited CA or plan to move there and want to find some nugs.

Thanks you everyone!

The best way to find GOLD is to do some RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH and after that MORE RESEARCH.

hh and good luck
Joe

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of public land in CA and NV that potentially hold nuggets. I have an area close to me that a friend pulled a 14+ ounce nugget out of. Rye Patch, Nevada would be just a small sample of places you could go. Google it. Good luck

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Every time ( weather permitting ) I travel US 80 across Nevada I stop at Rye Patch and pick up a little gold. It is a great place to look for Nuggets…Art

S

stefen

packerbacker said:
There is a lot of public land in CA and NV that potentially hold nuggets. I have an area close to me that a friend pulled a 14+ ounce nugget out of. Rye Patch, Nevada would be just a small sample of places you could go. Google it. Good luck

Anywhere near the Mustang Ranch? I hear that you can pick up more than just nuggets ;D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they have closed the ranch down. I know the feds were running it at one time due to tax problems. I've always wanted to snag the exit sign on I-80. ;D

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
As for the 'nuggets'? ...... I can hear them calling me ..... under each & every 'rock'.
Whoa ! Speaking of 'chickens' (the other white-meat) ....... nice 'rooster/barn-door' you caught there bro.
Seward or Homer?
I fish the Prince William Sound on my boat ..... when the seas & tides are right.
Fishing IS ...... a 'religion' up here.

hipmount~

Golferdude

Jan 11, 2007
So I Googled Rye Patch, NV and I get information on the Rye Patch State Recreation Area but, under reminders they list this information:

"All plants, animals, fossils and other natural objects, and prehistoric and historic artifacts are protected within the park. This area is subject to state and federal antiquity laws."

Is there an area outside of the park that is open to the public for nugget hunting?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to know also mabe it is a town that in that area you can detect with out going to the park?????? ??? ??? ???...................................==Jim==

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Check the hills northwest of Winnemucca, NV..and the draws (old creek beds north of town)...Good luck and slow down your swing.

49er

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
Golferdude said:
So I Googled Rye Patch, NV and I get information on the Rye Patch State Recreation Area but, under reminders they list this information:

"All plants, animals, fossils and other natural objects, and prehistoric and historic artifacts are protected within the park. This area is subject to state and federal antiquity laws."

Is there an area outside of the park that is open to the public for nugget hunting?

What did it say about mineral extraction...? That is the part that covers the gold nuggets...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions