tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a little trip to the mountains this last Wednesday to drop off some desperately needed grout packers. Coming back I stopped to have a look at an open trench close to the cliffs that follows along a gold bearing steam and thought if I'd known of this I'd a threw some plastic pales and a muck stick in the truck and dug me some dirt to sample at home some of this virgin alluvial ground. Just might be some color in these piles. If anything it was a pretty quiet time up in the hills and the weather was just beautiful. Sure wished I had more time to spend up in the mountains, but mama ordered up a couple of dressers from IKEA for me to put together and life will be more at ease when I get those damn things off my list. That IKEA furniture ain't all that hard to put together, but sure are frick'n tedious and time consuming.

Attachments

• 20200515_054407.jpg
    20200515_054407.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
  • 20200515_054503.jpg
    20200515_054503.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh! I thought i selected the Gold Prospect foum. Didn't mean to put it in the MDing for gold place, but then again the MD just might find something like this in that trench.

Attachments

• 20200515_062758.jpg
    20200515_062758.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gets your self a good bleeper traveling thru much gold country, you'd be surprised at what you can find at a P stop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gets your self a good bleeper traveling thru much gold country, you'd be surprised at what you can find at a P stop.
I know and I think about all the time of getting a good unit to spot nug's, but here lately I'm also thinking about no more living behind a windshield like I have for the last 30 plus years. I know a lot about what is where in most the American west now and I might just think about retiring and go goof-off all the time. My generation is definitely coming to an end and it's maybe time to hang things up, as the mining business is a whole different kind of industry these days compared to how it was when I was riding high at the top of the heap. The generation these days don't think like we did in the past. Their decisions are based on how it looks on a computer model or some form of artificial intelligence. I feel like the information age has become the age of information overload. Might be time to relax and be a treasure hunter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions