Finally got one with the 5000!

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first nugget in oregon and my first with the minelab. I decided to join a local mining club here with access to some claims close by. This is my first visit to one of the claims and I got a 1.3 grammer. It was on bedrock under a few inches of dirt in the dry creek bed. There is lots of promising ground to detect and I don't think many have detected it. There was lots of targets. Im stoked!! Can't wait to get back out there and check out the other claims in this club too. 20200712_152636.jpg

Upvote 0

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your gold find! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you used the different heads or was that the stock 11" DD?
I started out using the 15x12 mono but switched to a 10x5 coiltek joey mono for all the exposed bedrock. I got this nugget with the 10x5

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice smooth nuggy. Keep it separate from the ones that will follow. Never sell it.

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done sir, congrats!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a sweet find! You'll always remember that first one.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree don’t lose that thing. I lost my first somehow.. I keep thinking it will show up someday. I would probably not be as impressed as I was that day. It was the very first time I used my 4500! I went 7 months before I got the next one.. then it hit me.. I was trying too hard! Anyway the Joey mono is great but I think the Sadie is ten times better! Get one!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
How many first nuggets have you found Josh? :tongue3:

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha thats what I was thinking. I guess I'm not the best at writing. So to clear things up this isn't my first nugget, just my first one with this machine and my first one for oregon. I have found nuggets before in California and with different detectors.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
people read the "first nugget" and jump to conclusions. Easy to do, especially for a first nugget. It can be a very difficult, hard earned achievement. People who havnt experienced the 100-200 hrs of detecting before their first success will never know the mental battle involved. I still have my first first nugget i found with a md.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
people read the "first nugget" and jump to conclusions. Easy to do, especially for a first nugget. It can be a very difficult, hard earned achievement. People who havnt experienced the 100-200 hrs of detecting before their first success will never know the mental battle involved. I still have my first first nugget i found with a md.

My first hunt for gold with a tector I scored a 2.3 grammer. Second hunt the very next day I popped my second ever nugget, another 2.3 grammer. Now I'm thinking 'there's nothing to this...I'm gonna be rich!". Been downhill ever since....lol. Can't complain tho...doing good so far this season but heat is taking it's toll so I've slowed down my hunting lately.

good luck out there guys!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread