Aussie gold

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a heads up for those who may have an interest.
Yesterday's programming for Comcast/Xfinity included 9 episodes (2017 season) of Aussie Gold Hunters broadcast by Discovery channel. All of the episodes are mostly devoted to metal detecting....and boy do they find some beautiful gold. The episodes are available on demand from our cable service and probably from others that have Discovery channel as part of their service.

At least one character is one seen on Parker's recent Australian prospecting series.

Upvote 0

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i really like tyler mahoney but shes not on there often.great show ,lots of gold.
brad

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They sure do find some eye-popping nuggets, great to see that Aussie landscape as well, quite severe in places though, and all of those things that sting and bite! Makes me think maybe our Grizzlies and Cougars aren't so bad after all. However, they sure do put up with a lot of nasty flies, endless swarms of them. That's one of the reasons I'm no longer prospecting as far in the north as I was, enjoy hunting without the clouds of bugs.

Great series, really enjoy watching the nugget recoveries, especially Mick and Neville's giant golden potato: what a massive nugget!

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions