Rocky Mountain Gold

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost done this season but may get in a few more hunts. My 3rd and best season detecting for gold. Gold is from Montana and Idaho from 5 different locations. Total count was 436 pieces, 119 with the SDC and 317 with the Monster. SDC got the 3 big ones and also the bulk of the total weight. Big nugget weighed 3.55ozt, then 25+gram, and 12 gram (3 nugget pic). SDC also found me my 1st "pocket" where I'd had a 20 piece day with 14 coming out of a 6" wide x 8" deep hole...THAT was FUN!!! Total weight (so far) is 7.66ozt. Nuggets came from public, private and permission ground. The Monster still amazes me and the addition of the SDC really helped make this season by far my best.

3 nuggs.JPG

season 3.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weather has been GORGEOUS here lately so although I thought I was about done...I'm not. Got out again on Tues. and Wed. this week and scrounged up 17 more pieces. Two on Tues. and 15 on Wed. Totals now are 478 pieces so far and got to the 8ozt. I never ever expected to reach..... Got a little more time to get out before the snow flies so hopefully more gold in the future?

specimen.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...I live far from gold territory, but enjoy seeing all the prospecting finds. Seems like your really doing well !! Congrats again .... 8 OZ is impressive!! Your on fire !!

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm gonna call it for the season. Here's the last tiny bits I got today cleaning up a location. The rain came today and I've already driven in snow so it's that time of the year again. Thanks to everybody for the kind comments and likes,etc. Total count ended up at 484 pieces and got my 8ozt. this season (that'll never happen again). Had a blast and hopefully more gold to post next season.....

last bits.JPG

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm gonna call it for the season. Here's the last tiny bits I got today cleaning up a location. The rain came today and I've already driven in snow so it's that time of the year again. Thanks to everybody for the kind comments and likes,etc. Total count ended up at 484 pieces and got my 8ozt. this season (that'll never happen again). Had a blast and hopefully more gold to post next season.....

Congratulations! However, never say never. Mother Nature seems to always find ways to give up more gold. . . .

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very encouraging to know it was only your 3rd season detecting. Sounds like you have put in the time though. Awesome finds!

Thanks...!!! Been detecting for 29 years for old coins but have given that up for gold detecting now for last 2 years (3 seasons).....

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks...!!! Been detecting for 29 years for old coins but have given that up for gold detecting now for last 2 years (3 seasons).....

Interesting times, as for me, I've spent more time detecting for coins this season than for gold due to some travel restrictions in place because of the virus. Still got some nice gold, but by chasing coins, I reconnected with something I'd done years ago due to circumstances. Moreover, it allowed me to spend a lot of time with my son, and he is a great coin hunter and nugget hunter as well, so lots of fun.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
<br><br>

Interesting times during this pandemic, as for me, I've spent more time detecting for coins this season than for gold due to some travel restrictions in place because of the virus. Still got some nice gold, but by chasing coins, I reconnected with something I'd done years ago. Moreover, it allowed me to spend a lot of time with my son, and he is a great coin hunter and nugget hunter as well, so lots of fun.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanx GT..... been slow and small this season so far. Got 12 more tinys today so 170 bits total so far this season. Nothing of any substance yet, biggest so far 2.5g...... We'll keep on the grind and maybe something will turn up?
Gotta take what the ground gives and be glad it gives something....

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanx GT..... been slow and small this season so far. Got 12 more tinys today so 170 bits total so far this season. Nothing of any substance yet, biggest so far 2.5g...... We'll keep on the grind and maybe something will turn up?
Gotta take what the ground gives and be glad it gives something....

Glad you're able to get out to chase the gold.

Up here, maybe by July?

All the best, and hope you find some more gold, regardless of the size.

Lanny

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you're able to get out to chase the gold.

Up here, maybe by July?

All the best, and hope you find some more gold, regardless of the size.

Lanny

Lanny.... You're not able to get out yet?? Gov crap or snow?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Government, of course.

That sucks, wide open here and has been, at least as far as state to state........ hope things open up for you guys up there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread