Does anyone shoot on factory settings?

Keyboardkowboy

Mar 26, 2013
Far nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Makro Nokta gold kruzer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have my gold kruzer and there is defiantly a learning curve I have been playing around with the settings and reading my user manual over and over. But most of the gold I have found have been on boost mode in factory settings any advice? I ask because I recently came across a lot of bedrock that is overloading on me because of the iron content. I guess I need to learn my machine better I will ground balance on the bedrock with the same results but im still getting overload.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not familiar with the gold kruzer but I had a macro gold racer. If the ground is too hot usually you need to turn down the sensitivity. Im guessing boost is pretty hot and might not work the best in super mineralized ground. With the gold racer I sometimes had to turn the sensitivity down quite a bit to get a smooth threshold...even below 50. And it still found very small gold on bedrock

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Gold Kruzer and it will definitely overload on highly mineralized dirt, hot rocks or hot bedrock. If you have multiple coils, use the smallest DD coil you have and turn the sensitivity down below 70. The bigger elliptical concentric coil will not work very well in high mineralization. You might also want to use the Gen or Fast modes or even the Micro mode instead of Boost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keyboardkowboy

Keyboardkowboy

Mar 26, 2013
Far nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Makro Nokta gold kruzer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info still learning this thing. My buddy has the monster and that thing is so easy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread