Managed a couple pickers today

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm back in Northern California now. I just lost my mother to covid. Its been a crazy year for me. Been moving around a lot. There's been a lot of changes in my life and I haven't been doing much of any detecting this year. I only got out a handful of times since I got the gpx 5000. I went to an old spot I thought was pretty much cleaned out but she gave up 2 more pieces today. 20201202_135716.jpg

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I'm back in Northern California now. I just lost my mother to covid. Its been a crazy year for me. Been moving around a lot. There's been a lot of changes in my life and I haven't been doing much of any detecting this year. I only got out a handful of times since I got the gpx 5000. I went to an old spot I thought was pretty much cleaned out but she gave up 2 more pieces today.

Nice finds, thanks for the pictures.

As for your loss, my sympathies, that's a tough one.

Hang in there, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I am at peace with it. Life is short. Im going to make the best of the time I have left. This means getting out and being

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting out and detecting a lot more.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
detecting is good meditation. Im sorry Josh. Theres really nothing anyone can say to ease the pain. Your sis get over it ok?

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my sis got over it. She was sick with some not so nice symptoms for a week or so. She didn't ever end up hospitalized or anything. And yes detecting is the best meditation for me. Im exploring new ground everyday...no luck so far. Im going to keep at it though

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I offer my condolences for you and your family.

May your finds start to offset your losses.

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20201207_125155.jpg I got one more piece today. It sure is slim pickins out there. Im digging every target. This was a surface find pretty much. I was walking up a steep bank heading up a gully the ground was fractured crumbling bedrock. Whoever or whatever walked up this before me disturbed the loose crumbling bedrock. I got a loud obvious signal, looked down and saw the edge of the gold. I just reached down and picked it up

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. i fully understand the pain of such loss.
its good your getting out do do some hunting. it can give you time to process your thoughts
and help with the healing.

thats nice gold. i will be getting out with my 5000 this weekend. hopefully i can get over some gold big enough
to register.

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. i fully understand the pain of such loss.
its good your getting out do do some hunting. it can give you time to process your thoughts
and help with the healing.

thats nice gold. i will be getting out with my 5000 this weekend. hopefully i can get over some gold big enough
to register.

Thanks, you are absolutely correct. There is no better way for me to be at peace and really process my thoughts. I really have been appreciative of the natural beauty out in the gold fields here. I hike a lot and come across some really beautiful views. There are some great spots to stop and take a breather, have a snack and soak up some great scenery.

Good luck this weekend with your 5000. Depending on how you can run it in your ground it will pick up pretty small gold. I've been using a coiltek mono elite 14"x9". It is very sensitive to small targets. I've been running in fine gold timing or sensitive extra when the ground allows. That smallest piece in the first pic is tiny. I haven't weighed it but I'm sure its sub-grain.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hang in there Josh...time has a way of slowly easing the loss. Keeping busy out in the brush will also help.... None of us are getting outta here alive...
Keep on em!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions