My new personal best nugget!

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It finally stopped raining for a day so I got back out to the spot I was at last time. I raked and detected all day with the 15x12 mono coil. I got plenty more targets but all were trash...some deep lead and nails. I gridded the whole area slowly with no more luck. So I decided to go over to the other side of the hill...bam first target was gold! Sweet bright hi-low signal. Easily heard at a foot deep. 6.7 grams 20210105_174516.jpg 20210105_174423.jpg 20210105_174154.jpg

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a beauty!:hello2:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
sounds like youre onto another patch. maybe some even larger gold awaits?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see it in natural light.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one Josh....!!!!!

CaribooCam

May 27, 2015
The North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is coarse, still holding some quartz. I'm a bit jealous!!!

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back and put in a lot of effort to get more but no luck. Just trash everywhere. I cleaned up a lot of lead and nails. Im not going to say I'm done at this location but sometimes there's only one or two nuggets. Maybe I will try here again when the ground dries up some. On to look for new ground again.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A sight for sore eyes, pure eye candy it is. Congrats and the best of luck with the new ground.

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really neat, what’s was the old record?

The old record was 5.8 grams. My EX-girlfriend has that one on a 18k chain....big mistake! LoL

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome find! Congrats

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
The old record was 5.8 grams. My EX-girlfriend has that one on a 18k chain....big mistake! LoL

Not at all a mistake. You get what you give, it’s kind of like paying it forward. You will double down on that gift for along time.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
do you think this one was in a screening spoil as well? my latest slug was in a screening spoil. explains why there wasnt any other large gold near it. but it shouldnt be hard to see where it was mined from. Some of the old timers were cleaner than others.

OP
OP
minerjosh

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is kinda hard to read exactly...there are diggins on both sides of the the gully and above. This nugget was down on bedrock in the bottom of the gully on 1 side. The material on top of it was a mixture of different sized rocks and dirt...soft muddy dark organic soil,green grass.. not typical clay. Almost looks like it could have slid down in a landslide from diggins above..not a defined screening pile but could be if that makes any sense?? Lol

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't see much stopping you now from continually surpassing your recent finds!

Congratulations on your new record, and all the best,

Lanny

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
It is kinda hard to read exactly...there are diggins on both sides of the the gully and above. This nugget was down on bedrock in the bottom of the gully on 1 side. The material on top of it was a mixture of different sized rocks and dirt...soft muddy dark organic soil,green grass.. not typical clay. Almost looks like it could have slid down in a landslide from diggins above..not a defined screening pile but could be if that makes any sense?? Lol

where mine was was not a pile at all, but I knew it had been because the material was classified.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread