leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
i was going to take a new guy out to detect today, but that got pushed to next week, so i
got out for a 5 hour hunt with the monster. didnt feel like going in deep so i went to
an old road runner club claim.
3 dinks and a lot of lead that i will add to the melt and cast some 9mm or maybe 45acp.
cleaning up the desert one bird shot at a time.

Attachments

• 20210115_141606 (2).jpg
    20210115_141606 (2).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I'd be glad to dig all that lead to have found those lil guys with a tector, grats and thanks for postin'

OP
OP
L

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
the one on the left was the third target of the day and what kept me digging.
i took the 5000 with me and never turned it on.
the monster is a fun little toy that finds gold, the 5000 is more like work, its heavy and makes me dig deep.
i need to order or make a bungee for the 5000.
years ago i got tennis elbow from swinging my gp extreme. it took a year to heal up.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the monster is a fun little toy that finds gold, the 5000 is more like work, its heavy and makes me dig deep.

Nice dinks....they keep a guy going!!!! Monster is no toy, it's a gold gobbling machine!!! Had a 5000 for a very short time and sold it almost as soon as I got it for the same reasons you mentioned and more. Where I hunt is steep and brushy and all the damned cords were always getting hung up in the brush, headphones getting pulled off my head, digging deep trash, no discrimination so to speak, that stupid harness, having to re-adjust bungee constantly from going uphill or down, heel of my boot hitting battery on my ass every time I went to my knees. Nail in the 5000's coffin was when I chased 2 targets about 20" down for junk and thought to myself "that probably took me an hour to chase 2 targets?"...went back to PU to check clock and yeppers, an hour for 2 targets!!! Goodbye 5000 hello SDC... (no harness, no battery pack, no bungee, external speaker, doesn't go near as deep, no cords, etc....

Rant over....

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My elbow hurts thinking about it. I am happy with the performance of my 5000. I dont mind digging deeper holes for potential big gold. I don't use the harness. I have a short power cord and I have my battery strapped in next to my control box..however this is a heavy swing and my elbow is paying for it. The 5000 doesn't like wet grass, I've noticed it freak out on me in wet grass to the point where I'm scared I'm going to fry something and I shut it off for the day. I'm keeping a close eye on the release of the gpx 6000! It might be a game changer!

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am happy with the performance of my 5000. I'm keeping a close eye on the release of the gpx 6000! It might be a game changer!

No doubt the 5000 does perform and very versatile with all the coils out there and different timings, etc. That 6000 sure does have a LOT of nice features and I'm also looking forward to the arrival and also some reviews, etc. I've only got a couple more years chasing yellow rocks and will most likely be content with the machines I currently use....but ya never know?????

OP
OP
L

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
i have docs battery pack and external speaker so that helps with the wires.
i did find a bungee that will work good for me. now it looks like rain for the next few days or so.
dont know if ill be getting out or not this weekend.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet looking gold, always good to see that wonderful metal.

Cleaning up one birdshot at a time, great attitude for an endless task.

All the best, and congratulations on your finds,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread