GPX 6000
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree20Likes
  • 4 Post By Wings19
  • 3 Post By oneguy
  • 2 Post By FrostyMiner
  • 2 Post By Wings19
  • 1 Post By beekbuster
  • 2 Post By arizau
  • 1 Post By russau
  • 4 Post By beekbuster
  • 1 Post By minerjosh

Thread: GPX 6000

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2020
    Upper Peninsula of Michigan
    Equinox 800&600 Whites 5900 di pro Garrett ATX Deep Seeker Nokta Makro Jeohunter
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

GPX 6000

Anyone considering a 6000? Curious to your thoughts on this new machine? I seen a video on what this thing is supposed to do and i was extremely impressed. It's main purpose for me will be locating big pieces of float copper. I currently am using my equinox 800. Deepest hunk so far was 3 1/2 ft deep. Iit was the size of a basketball.

us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    Goldmonster, SDC 2300, etrac
    1155 times
    Metal Detecting
    Would you post a link to this video please? I got one ordered and paid for....now the waiting. It'll be used for nugget shooting.........
    Lanny in AB, beekbuster and billb like this.

us
    Oct 2020
    Equinox 800&600 Whites 5900 di pro Garrett ATX Deep Seeker Nokta Makro Jeohunter
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
    Would you post a link to this video please? I got one ordered and paid for....now the waiting. It'll be used for nugget shooting.........
    Southern cross prospecting on yt

FROSTY MINER

Jan 2020
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro | Ground EFX MX100E | Minelab Pro-Find 15
    29 times
    It looks really cool I saw the commercial on the Minelab Youtube Channel. Maybe one day I'll find a big enough gold nugget to pay for one.
    Last edited by FrostyMiner; Apr 07, 2021 at 05:28 PM.
    billb and mytimetoshine like this.

us
    Oct 2020
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMiner View Post
    It looks really cool I saw the commercial on the Minelab Youtube Channel. Maybe one day I'll find a big enough gold nugget to pay for one.
    I ended up buying a new/used 5000 off a guy who never even used it. Still learning it but have found over a 150 hunks of float copper with it the first week. Biggest is only 60 pounder.
    FrostyMiner and billb like this.

if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    gpx 4500 gpz
    1496 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings19 View Post
    I ended up buying a new/used 5000 off a guy who never even used it. Still learning it but have found over a 150 hunks of float copper with it the first week. Biggest is only 60 pounder.
    what is the value of the native copper you are finding? is it a percentage of the melt weight or does it have intrinsic value ? Ive never heard of this before, very interesting. Ive always head people touting about how they sell their gold with quartz for full weight, but ive never been that fortunate, the buyers scoff at even the slightest quartz on my gold, and 85-90% is the best i can get even for big nuggets. I guess my question is, who buys your finds, and why are they buying them? Thanks, and pics please, ive never seen native copper, let alone a 60lb chunk of native copper.
    Lanny in AB likes this.
    got the fever? dont scratch the itch.

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5263 times
    Gold with Quartz imbedded is considered " Specimen Gold " and is more desirable and valuable ! The buyer that scoff about the Quartz are wanting to buy it cheaply in my opinion ! For me , I'd pass on this kind of buyer !

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    3350 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by beekbuster View Post
    what is the value of the native copper you are finding? is it a percentage of the melt weight or does it have intrinsic value ? Ive never heard of this before, very interesting. Ive always head people touting about how they sell their gold with quartz for full weight, but ive never been that fortunate, the buyers scoff at even the slightest quartz on my gold, and 85-90% is the best i can get even for big nuggets. I guess my question is, who buys your finds, and why are they buying them? Thanks, and pics please, ive never seen native copper, let alone a 60lb chunk of native copper.
    If you google "gold nuggets for sale" you will see examples of asking prices for natural gold nuggets. Those sellers likely acquired some of those nuggets from people like you, at similar prices you are receiving*, and are marking them up for their profit....they are middlemen. Find a way to sell directly to collectors and you can probably reap that extra profit.

Good luck.

*The prices you are getting is about the net spot value by weight of the gold after smelting, refining costs, etc. are deducted....But placer nuggets and some quartz gold are considered specimen quality by collectors in many instances thus warrent/demand a higher final sale price.
    Last edited by arizau; Apr 10, 2021 at 11:11 PM.
    russau and billb like this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5263 times
    Notify the Gold Prospector club's around you that you have gold for sale ! Gold Bay (Dave)is a good location / person to buy real gold nugget's ! He even has / had video's on how to see if the nugget is real or home made.
    billb likes this.

if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    gpx 4500 gpz
    1496 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    its reasonable to assume they are making a profit off me, how much? i dont know. It is convenient to have a place to cash it in whenever Id like, and of course im not going to get top dollar given the circumstances, but it is worth it to me since i dont have to wait, deal with low ballers, get hammered with fees, lost packages in shipping (yes it happened).

us
    Apr 2017
    California
    GPX4500/Nox800
    346 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beekbuster View Post
    its reasonable to assume they are making a profit off me, how much? i dont know. It is convenient to have a place to cash it in whenever Id like, and of course im not going to get top dollar given the circumstances, but it is worth it to me since i dont have to wait, deal with low ballers, get hammered with fees, lost packages in shipping (yes it happened).
    100% agree. I would only use an auction for something extraordinary...Like the butte nugget. I think it sold for like 400k. I wonder if the finder got 300k? I'm just throwing numbers out there but I'm sure the middle man isn't cheap. The local spot here is fair. Gold is usually never 24k pure. 80%-90% of spot works fine for me. I'm not finding multi-pound nuggets yet
    beekbuster likes this.

if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    gpx 4500 gpz
    1496 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    Quote Originally Posted by minerjosh View Post
    100% agree. I would only use an auction for something extraordinary...Like the butte nugget. I think it sold for like 400k. I wonder if the finder got 300k? I'm just throwing numbers out there but I'm sure the middle man isn't cheap. The local spot here is fair. Gold is usually never 24k pure. 80%-90% of spot works fine for me. I'm not finding multi-pound nuggets yet
    maybe tomorrow will be the day?

Sponsored Links