Upvote 0

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would you post a link to this video please? I got one ordered and paid for....now the waiting. It'll be used for nugget shooting.........

OP
OP
W

Wings19

Greenie
Oct 19, 2020
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800&600
Whites 5900 di pro
Garrett ATX Deep Seeker
Nokta Makro Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you post a link to this video please? I got one ordered and paid for....now the waiting. It'll be used for nugget shooting.........

Southern cross prospecting on yt

FrostyMiner

Greenie
Jan 3, 2020
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro | Ground EFX MX100E | Minelab Pro-Find 15
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks really cool I saw the commercial on the Minelab Youtube Channel. Maybe one day I'll find a big enough gold nugget to pay for one. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wings19

Greenie
Oct 19, 2020
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800&600
Whites 5900 di pro
Garrett ATX Deep Seeker
Nokta Makro Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks really cool I saw the commercial on the Minelab Youtube Channel. Maybe one day I'll find a big enough gold nugget to pay for one. :laughing7:

I ended up buying a new/used 5000 off a guy who never even used it. Still learning it but have found over a 150 hunks of float copper with it the first week. Biggest is only 60 pounder.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
I ended up buying a new/used 5000 off a guy who never even used it. Still learning it but have found over a 150 hunks of float copper with it the first week. Biggest is only 60 pounder.

what is the value of the native copper you are finding? is it a percentage of the melt weight or does it have intrinsic value ? Ive never heard of this before, very interesting. Ive always head people touting about how they sell their gold with quartz for full weight, but ive never been that fortunate, the buyers scoff at even the slightest quartz on my gold, and 85-90% is the best i can get even for big nuggets. I guess my question is, who buys your finds, and why are they buying them? Thanks, and pics please, ive never seen native copper, let alone a 60lb chunk of native copper.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Gold with Quartz imbedded is considered " Specimen Gold " and is more desirable and valuable ! The buyer that scoff about the Quartz are wanting to buy it cheaply in my opinion ! For me , I'd pass on this kind of buyer !

Reactions: RTR

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what is the value of the native copper you are finding? is it a percentage of the melt weight or does it have intrinsic value ? Ive never heard of this before, very interesting. Ive always head people touting about how they sell their gold with quartz for full weight, but ive never been that fortunate, the buyers scoff at even the slightest quartz on my gold, and 85-90% is the best i can get even for big nuggets. I guess my question is, who buys your finds, and why are they buying them? Thanks, and pics please, ive never seen native copper, let alone a 60lb chunk of native copper.

If you google "gold nuggets for sale" you will see examples of asking prices for natural gold nuggets. Those sellers likely acquired some of those nuggets from people like you, at similar prices you are receiving*, and are marking them up for their profit....they are middlemen. Find a way to sell directly to collectors and you can probably reap that extra profit.

Good luck.

*The prices you are getting is about the net spot value by weight of the gold after smelting, refining costs, etc. are deducted....But placer nuggets and some quartz gold are considered specimen quality by collectors in many instances thus warrent/demand a higher final sale price.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Notify the Gold Prospector club's around you that you have gold for sale ! Gold Bay (Dave)is a good location / person to buy real gold nugget's ! He even has / had video's on how to see if the nugget is real or home made.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
its reasonable to assume they are making a profit off me, how much? i dont know. It is convenient to have a place to cash it in whenever Id like, and of course im not going to get top dollar given the circumstances, but it is worth it to me since i dont have to wait, deal with low ballers, get hammered with fees, lost packages in shipping (yes it happened).

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its reasonable to assume they are making a profit off me, how much? i dont know. It is convenient to have a place to cash it in whenever Id like, and of course im not going to get top dollar given the circumstances, but it is worth it to me since i dont have to wait, deal with low ballers, get hammered with fees, lost packages in shipping (yes it happened).
100% agree. I would only use an auction for something extraordinary...Like the butte nugget. I think it sold for like 400k. I wonder if the finder got 300k? I'm just throwing numbers out there but I'm sure the middle man isn't cheap. The local spot here is fair. Gold is usually never 24k pure. 80%-90% of spot works fine for me. I'm not finding multi-pound nuggets yet

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
100% agree. I would only use an auction for something extraordinary...Like the butte nugget. I think it sold for like 400k. I wonder if the finder got 300k? I'm just throwing numbers out there but I'm sure the middle man isn't cheap. The local spot here is fair. Gold is usually never 24k pure. 80%-90% of spot works fine for me. I'm not finding multi-pound nuggets yet

maybe tomorrow will be the day?

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm curious to see pictures of these big hunks of float copper too.

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My brother got his " 6000 " last week , we can not test it around my property ( 2 acres ) to much EMI noise & it has not been below 100' for about 3 mo.??? , When we can get out we will use this copper nugget as a test target for depth & sound , Placer nugget wt 2.6 oz hard rock specimen wt 6 oz
005.JPG

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in the same boat...kinda? I've had my 6 out in the field and have 39 nuggs with it so far. Out in the field the EMI is terrible but I can get through it with some aggravation. That SOB is one wild sensitive tector! What drives me nuts is not being able to test at home and haven't even tried because I KNOW the EMI at the shack will be worse than out in the field. Got some bigger nuggs I'd love to check but ain't taking gold back out into the field....I take gold from the field. Not gonna chance losing some already captured prized nuggs out in the field because I do something stupid....and I do at times!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone using the GPZ 7000 I have one and really wanting to use it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread