crack scratchin......

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last 3 hunts scratchin the crack with the Monster. Was sidelined for 10 days due to fire(s) but back on the crack!!!!! Bigger nugg was 2.9+ gram and still having fun grinding out the tiny stuff...

39.JPG

fire2.JPG

fire nugg.JPG

Upvote 5

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
very nice. with the gm? why not the 6000, seems like it could find most of those easily.
the monster is a fun beeper though.

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more of that candy, and he'll have enuf for Da 6k in no time, nice scratching bud!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
only cracks Ive been scratching are not pleasing to the imagination. Fire and smoke seems to be the occasion for every summer these days. Very depressing. If it ever rains again, I'd sure like to get out beeping. For now its toil in the soil, smoke , and ash. with no detector.... just wood, steel, and Mr. Dewalt. Can we just burn everything down and get it over with?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those are some sweet finds indeed.

Wish I was out detecting, looks like more restrictions on the way. . . .

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some sweet finds indeed.

Wish I was out detecting, looks like more restrictions on the way. . . .

All the best,

Lanny

So you can't get over to BC and do your thing because of some gov. crap travel restriction(s)....???? If so, I'll bet you canucks are about ready to go off like a roman candle....and I sure couldn't blame you either!!! Still some fires here but recent rain really settled things down. I still have a helicopter dragging water buckets flying over my diggings and hand crews doing some mop up above me but things are easing...
good luck to you Lanny...and thanks!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oneguy,

Got over for a day only to check on the camp and that was it so far. New vaccine passport coming out for B.C. to attend sporting events, eat at restaurants, etc., and if they stick with their former stance, likely to recommend out of province people not to travel, very frustrating indeed.

Glad you're still able to get out and chase the gold, hopefully things will change, but right now it's wait and see.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He was indeed one of the great ones, easy to talk to, always fun to listen to his stories, great guy that will be missed.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread