Need a guide out West to help me find gold!

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Hope someone can help me... I'd like to plan a vacation out west in the Spring that will include searching for gold. I've seen TV programs where people hire themselves out as guides and help folks like myself have a few days digging for gold. Trouble is - I haven't been able to find a guide! I figured that folks on this part of the forum would be the perfect ones to ask. So, I'm askin!
Any help you can offer would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Ruth

Upvote 0

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Prospectors Association of America (GPAA) would be an excellent place to start. They have properties all over the country--especially in the southwest. They're the folks who put on the "Gold Fever" show and the "Prospecting America" show on the Outdoors Channel. Their website is:

www.goldprospectors.org/
Enjoy.
And no, I don't belong to the group because I'll probably never travel out the the southwest again, but if I WERE going out there or lived there, I WOULD join.

Happy Hunting.

Tarkus

Dec 23, 2007
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites GM3, 3&4" dredges building a 6"
I live in So Cal, and spend time nugget shooting and dredging CA especially in the spring, your welcome to join us and the club doing the same.

OP
OP
SaintSea

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Hey thanks! For all the nice suggestions, offers and input. I've got some planning to do now to see how I can fit my gold hunting dreams into my vacation schedule. Hope everyone has a fabulous holiday! (BTW: I especially liked the Elf Butt avatar!)
Ruth

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
If you are in AZ near the Wickenburg, Prescott or Phx area, , I could show you where to find some AU color. A whole day devoted to enjoying the great outdoors and all it has to offer is best.
contact me at [email protected] anytime during the week is great, weekends are sold out...sorry, I have all the tools you will need, if you don't have any,
I am quite knowledgeable of the entire area on road and off road

regards Dan

Attachments

• gold in pan 2.jpg
    gold in pan 2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 323
  • gold  in pan 1.jpg
    gold in pan 1.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 333
  • IMAGE_005.jpg
    IMAGE_005.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 360