Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Kuger......Now that is a very very nice find..... you Lucky dog.........Are you in the U.S....or down under?......==Jim==

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.Motherlode country of Calif.

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DANG Kuger!!!!! That is freakin' SWEET!!!!:notworthy: You ARE one lucky dawg.... Way to go brother.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know Calisdad,shoot they even moved it out of my best finds?Whatever though,its there board

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fascinating how patterns in nature repeat. The lower pic reminded me of fan coral. That really is a nice piece anyone here would be proud to have found.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know hippies who would kill for that crystal.

W O W

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Kuger

Given the rarity, what is the value of those? And second, without revealing any secrets how were they found, hard rock mining perhaps? I marvel at their beauty every time I see them, although your gold piece is still a favorite of mine:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kuger , I just got around to seeing your crystal. That is fantastic. I have a place up here that I am getting ready to go into next year. When I was a kid I did not know what I was looking at. There was an old miner that I use to hang out with and he showed me a lot of stuff. He took me to a lot of his digs and I do remember a bit here and there. A few months before he died he started to open up and showed me some neat specimens. What I am searching for is his old Jade diggings. This is not just regular old jade however. The Jade that he found was the type that looks like a little bundle of grapes. It is a very clear to pink jadite with gold inclusions. Everything I have researched show that this only occurs in three places in the world and now maybe a fourth. What really irritates me is the fact that he gave me a bundle of the grapes and gold that was size of my fist. I went off to Nam the next year and he died with no family at all. And the answer is no, I dont know where it got to over 45 years. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger

Given the rarity, what is the value of those? And second, without revealing any secrets how were they found, hard rock mining perhaps? I marvel at their beauty every time I see them, although your gold piece is still a favorite of mine:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Thanks guys!Oak,I really dont know the true value aside from the fact I have been offered some VERY handsome sums for it.I keep it locked up at the bank,which is unfortunate cause I dont get to see it much.If things keep going the way they are in this state it along with all of my gold will have to be sold to eat!!LOL!I will tell ya what I got for it if that sad day ever comes.
As far as where I found it.....its an odd spot....there is a hardrock prospect up the hill,and a large tailing pile in the middle of a field(I dont know where those tailings came from,and near there is another prospect,indention.At this spot the soil totally changes from all else around.It is almost pure red clay?The crystal was in that clay.
Ray....Thanks!!I appreciate it!Man,what a shame!So much is lost when old timers go,that is why I try and spend as much time around them as I can,and wish I would have written down more from discussions with ones that have past.I know of several glory hole stories that I dont have enough details to nail down....sad thing is usually if I would have asked,they likely would have told me,but I always feel funny just flat out asking,"Where is it"!!
Funny you mention Jade.............in the same general area of this specimen,we used to find crystals that have a Jade Green inclusion(I will post up some pics when I get a chance)I never have got a straight answer as to what mineral it is inside those either?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful find! :)

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I would urge everyone to vote this as a banner find. Beauty and rarity are seldom found these day.....

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stunning find, probably the most beautiful specimen I have ever seen. Would look correct on front cover of a book about gold or crystals or ....
Banner vote here. Nuggy

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kuger, you may remember I posted picks of your paydirt that had many quartz crystals (sans gold) just like yours but in the TINIEST version. Most were not even visible without a mineral scope. I also found wet clay here in a Cavaleras County gold mine that had HUNDREDS of broken Q crystals in only a few grams of material. How do I vote banner? TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread