Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 120 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2552
Like Tree2784Likes

Thread: Bedrock and Gold: The mysteries . . .

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    4050 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 63bkpkr View Post
    Thank you Lanny for the 1 oz nugget metal detected way down in that placer mine and no shoring. God is a quirky mistress, it is where we least expect it.

Have I mentioned that Texas is flat?! Some of the rainstorms here are tropical in nature, like 15" in a fairly short period of time and then the place floods. And if you see ripples in a flood pond well, they are not from fish (snakes).

This Monday I head back to NorCal for a Doc's apt so only be there 1.5 days, no time for the mountains. Sigh

I am still enjoying my work! Got out target practicing a week ago with my 'little' .22 pistol, it was Fun. Put the reloading bench together and was sizing and punching out primers today, 45 ACP. I do not own a .45, just getting some casings ready for friends.

Have fun yall, Herb/63bkpkr
    Herb,

Thanks for dropping in, and great to hear from you again.

Texas is flat I know from the stories my son told me after he finished working on the rigs.

Sorry you didn't get a chance to visit your long lost mountains. I find the mountains to be a place of great healing and beauty.

All the best to you Herb,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    4050 times
    Prospecting
    Actually hit a small patch this weekend!

Took some pictures of the nuggets to boot.

I'll post them when I get time.

The interesting thing is that the three I found this weekend I found with the X-Terra! I finally got serious about using it to chase nuggets and it really surprised me, in a very good way.

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

ca
    Honorary Member of the Central Alabama Artifact Society (C.A.A.S)

Jan 2008
    Canada
    F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
    1365 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanny in AB View Post
    Actually hit a small patch this weekend!

The interesting thing is that the three I found this weekend I found with the X-Terra! I finally got serious about using it to chase nuggets and it really surprised me, in a very good way.

All the best,

Lanny
    That's good Lanny, it would be nice to learn about how you used the X-Terra and of course how it performed in your opinion. Congratulations on the nuggets!!!

The scheelite is the creamy-yellowish material scattered across the right-hand side of the rock below... can't resist adding a photo to spice things up a bit... found by my brother using his shortwave UV light at night.

Jim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.5 LB SCHEELITE SF (ONTARIO).JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	1003798
    Time, oh good, good time...where did you go?

us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    581 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hemmingway View Post
    That's good Lanny, it would be nice to learn about how you used the X-Terra and of course how it performed in your opinion. Congratulations on the nuggets!!!

The scheelite is the creamy-yellowish material scattered across the right-hand side of the rock below... can't resist adding a photo to spice things up a bit... found by my brother using his shortwave UV light at night.

Jim
    Tell your brother to keep his eyes open for diamonds. Diamonds found in CA quite possibly were pushed down from Canada. And, they tend to glow a silvery blue under a shortwave UV. Doesn't hurt to 'copper your bets'. (lol)

Love your ore (silver) pictures Jim!!

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    3240 times
    Well if I could spell it would help to understand what was really meant as that was "Gold" not "God" though God does watch over all of us.

Leaving for SFO Soon. 63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

ca

Jan 2008
    Canada
    1365 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleDown View Post
    Tell your brother to keep his eyes open for diamonds. Diamonds found in CA quite possibly were pushed down from Canada. And, they tend to glow a silvery blue under a shortwave UV. Doesn't hurt to 'copper your bets'. (lol)

Love your ore (silver) pictures Jim!!
    Thanks EagleDown… your advice above about diamonds is right on the mark. In recent years diamonds have been discovered in my main search area for natural silver. Can’t say whether or not such discoveries have commercial value… because I’m not current on the subject… but diamonds do exist there.

Of course... diamonds are a girl’s best friend… and as noted in a “007” Bond film… diamonds are forever. And that is pretty much the extent of my knowledge about them.

The photo below is for Herb. I don’t know who took it... but it wasn't me. It and a few others came in an email some time ago and I can't even recollect who sent it... quite a dazzling shot!!!

Jim.

Name:	WEST TEXAS ELECTRICAL STORM.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	1004114

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    3240 times
    Jim,
    Thank you for that "sparkling picture", it runs shivers down my spine! I was born in Michigan and lived in and around Detroit for 12.5 years and have been in the house when it was struck by lightning, of course as a 12 year old I thought it was cool even all the Ozone. I do not personally care to be the lightning rod of its interest though I love watching it.

At this moment I am in San Bruno CA just down the road from San Francisco, be here for a total of 24 hrs. Very pleasant dry temperatures along with hills. Talked with Hefty for "a spell" as they say back 'home'. Good to touch base with him!

All my best, Herb
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    581 times
    Herb,

Thanks for dropping in, and great to hear from you again.

Texas is flat I know from the stories my son told me after he finished working on the rigs.

Sorry you didn't get a chance to visit your long lost mountains. I find the mountains to be a place of great healing and beauty.

All the best to you Herb,

Lanny
    As Red Skelton said: "Miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles"!! (lol)

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    4050 times
    Prospecting
    Sorry for the delay, but this time of year I only get brief windows of time to post things.

Here's the nuggets I found on my last two outings:

That's a Nevada special issue quarter for comparison.

These last three I found with the Minelab X-Terra 705! What a surprise!!

Later in the year, I hope to get a chance to write up a story or two about their discovery.

(The nuggets range from the biggest, at 2.5 grams, all the way down in size and weight to the littlest.)

All the best,

Lanny
    Last edited by Lanny in AB; Jun 06, 2014 at 10:07 AM.

ca
    Oct 2011
    545 times
    Excellent start to the season Lanny....looking forward to seeing many more..
    EagleDown and Jim Hemmingway like this.

us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    581 times
    I'll be heading down to the Merced River this morning, where I'll be meeting up with a Tnet member. We're going to attempt to open back up an abandoned mine that I ran across back in the 1970's. If the samples we collect turn out as good as the ones I collected back then, I'll also be pretty busy for most of the summer. (It's a lot cooler inside of a mine). (lol)

I wrote about the mine in my thread. I think the name of the story was "Lost, but not Forgotten". (lol)

It's no wonder that history comes up short in this area. This is only 1 of 6 (apparently paying) mines that I've stumbled over in the past. Not a one of them shows up in County or Federal records. Go Figure!

Best of luck on your forays Lanny. Go get that Au.

P.S., For most of my life, I've had people come up and ask: "Are you getting any GOOD gold"??

So, I'm just wondering; have you ever seen any BAD gold?? (lol)

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    4050 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboo5 View Post
    Excellent start to the season Lanny....looking forward to seeing many more..
    Many thanks!

Are you thawed out up on your claim yet?

I hope you have a great season and find lots of sassy BC gold!

All the best,

Lanny

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    4050 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleDown View Post
    I'll be heading down to the Merced River this morning, where I'll be meeting up with a Tnet member. We're going to attempt to open back up an abandoned mine that I ran across back in the 1970's. If the samples we collect turn out as good as the ones I collected back then, I'll also be pretty busy for most of the summer. (It's a lot cooler inside of a mine). (lol)

I wrote about the mine in my thread. I think the name of the story was "Lost, but not Forgotten". (lol)

It's no wonder that history comes up short in this area. This is only 1 of 6 (apparently paying) mines that I've stumbled over in the past. Not a one of them shows up in County or Federal records. Go Figure!

Best of luck on your forays Lanny. Go get that Au.

P.S., For most of my life, I've had people come up and ask: "Are you getting any GOOD gold"??

So, I'm just wondering; have you ever seen any BAD gold?? (lol)
    Eagle,

I see that you've been very, very busy. I trust that you'll find what you're looking for, and I think it's fantastic that your memory is helping you find places the government has forgotten about--there must be some irony there somewhere, but good irony in your case.

Good luck with your joint mining venture, and post some pictures over here when you get a chance please.

All the best, and thanks for the comments on my gold hunting as I agree, I've yet to find bad gold,

Lanny

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    4050 times
    Prospecting
    Hit another patch of small nuggets this weekend.

Still playing with the Minelab XTerra 705 and it's really proving itself a worthy gold machine, much to my pleasant surprise.

Pictures to follow as I find the time.

All the best,

Lanny
    Jim Hemmingway likes this.

ca

Jan 2008
    Canada
    1365 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Hit another patch of small nuggets this weekend.

Still playing with the Minelab XTerra 705 and it's really proving itself a worthy gold machine, much to my pleasant surprise.

Pictures to follow as I find the time.

All the best,

Lanny
    Lanny... will certainly look forward to your description re: the X-Terra 705, when you have the opportunity to do so. Never used that unit, so am curious about what you'll have to say about it. Congratulations on finding those sassy nuggets... and thanks for posting the dandy photos. The photo below is just to spice up the post a bit...

Jim.

Name:	4.7 TROY OZ SILVER SPECIMEN SF (B).JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	1006528
    Cariboo5 and ProspectorBill like this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links