jamestown ca. gold panning

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact Miner Matt or Kuger, they MIGHT help you..

Cooter

cali209

Nov 13, 2007
Northern California
If you are heading to Jamestown on 49 from Oakdale direction, when you pass the road that leads into old Jamestown which goes off to the right (I forgot the name of that road - Jamestown Road?) stop at the gas station on the left side. There is a little creek that runs behind it...if you ask for permission to pan they will let you.

I'm not sure if thats always the case but it was from the people I heard from.

You can also stop at the Gold Prospecters store in old Jamestown and ask them for places to go.

They have a creek you can pan but you gotta pay them. It's ok if you are going there to learn and just have a little fun...but if you are looking for gold I wouldn't mess with their creek.

Theres also a free place to pan in the New Melones area which is about 30 or so minutes from Jamestown. If you want to know where let me know. Lots of fine gold there and awesome bedrock.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be care around Melones,if the water isnt "running",you cannot work it.Army Corp. of Engineers will get you.If you are up to a scary drive go down to Camp Nine(up river from Melones).

dmc161

Dec 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT
We were up at Jamestown this weekend. We stopped by there on our way through to do some nugget hunting on a GPAA claim on Italian Bar Road out of Columbia. Both Columbia and Jamestown are really cool places, lots of history and we received a wealth of info on this trip. This was our first "real" trip up to the Gold Country to try our luck with hunting for some gold and we really enjoyed it. Didn't bring home any gold boulders but did find a few pieces when I tried my luck at panning, plus found a couple small pieces of quartz with a little bit of gold showing on it. We want to go back again real soon.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
I was in Jamestown doing zome high banking on woods creek.
I had some pretty good luck.
In town there is a mining place that charges you to work their claim.
Found enough to pay for the trip.
Ask for the brothers Brent and Bryant, you won't regret it!
My partner and I are headed back there in April. If we get lucky,
maybe we'll still be there in May.....LOL!!!

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Just got a gold detector - moved up from Minelab Sovereign to
Whites MXT.

LOOKING FOR HUNTING PARTNERS, mentors, guides.
I KNOW there's gold in them thar hills, but need some
pointers.

Next time anyone in the Sacramento, Placerville area
don't be shy to get in touch. I will buy some Togo's sandwiches
to make it worth your while. I'm in Folsom.

Vince

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions