P3310695 Resize again.gif
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,100
Upvote 0

OroGrande

Apr 1, 2007
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Beautiful!!!! Nice finds.......love to see Gold in Quartz!! Keep it up and thanks for the post.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice! Love that yellow stuff. :)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:o :o :o
Did you find those in the ground? In a mine dump?

OP
OP
El Cooter

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine dump and it all looks hand sorted.

Cooter

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Chispa's (I think that is what Tom Massie calls them).

Foothill quartz/gold is pretty stuff.
Keep Diggin!

Steve

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Very Beautiful!!

rockhead

Jan 25, 2008
Yosemite Ca
Detector(s) used
Gmt, Gold Bug 2, Infinium
Wish my mighty GMT got lessons from your Gmt. It only fing the bread and butter.
Give a holler if you want to head out some time I'm in Yosemite

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Great specimens! WTG.I've heard that the GMT is the better unit when compared to the Lobo or Gold Bug.The Gold Bug you have to keep adjusting.However,the Lobo is a mighty fine unit.

Kid Saxon

Jan 10, 2008
Atwater Ca.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug , Whites GMT , SD 2100v2
Just thought this post should be at the TOP of this forum. (Nugget Hunting)
Can't connect bears,snakes or a few other topics posted in this part of the forum
under nugget hunting.

OP
OP
El Cooter

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me that most of the time its about what detector to buy or which one is better...Not about gold as the name states...Lets see some gold!!!!

Coot

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
warsawdaddy said:
Great specimens! WTG.I've heard that the GMT is the better unit when compared to the Lobo or Gold Bug.The Gold Bug you have to keep adjusting.However,the Lobo is a mighty fine unit.

Hey! The Gold Bug is a MIGHTY fine foil detector! rofl You do have a point....you have to adjust it a lot and figuring out HOW to adjust it was quite a challenge for us when we first got it as we had never had a detector before. No doubt it picks up the tiniest pieces of metal though....now to find a place where there is more gold than foil! :thumbsup:

Kid Saxon

Jan 10, 2008
Atwater Ca.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug , Whites GMT , SD 2100v2
cooter9761 said:
Digging trash is part of the game. The trick is to locate,dig and recover the target as quickly as possible. I use the Goldstalker Pick made by a local guy in Mariposa. You can get one from Doc's Detecting Supply or from Rob Allison(nuggethunting forum). I also use a plastic garden trowel, the fater one from Orchard Supply. Use the trowel to sweep the dirt over the coil to find your target. The GMT is my tool of choice but I also have a Minelab 2200 that I bought used. For all you people having trouble finding gold or just learning Larry Sallee has a book called Zip Zip and is like my Bible on gold hunting with a VLF and a really good read. I read it twice before I even set out and found gold my second time out on the third sweep of the coil. The book answers alot of what people ask here! I have hunted with several people using Gold Bugs they now all own GMT's. I love this hobby and I wish more people would post pictures of their finds so we all can enjoy. Hows that Chuck??

Cooter

Chris , You hit the nail on the head. As for the original Gold Bug it's a good machine for the kind of gold we have been finding ,can't tell you anything about the Gold Bug 2 haven't used one. After hunting with Chris I noticed he was digging gold while half the time I was digging trash,no iron I D on my Bug that's why I went to the GMT.
Also I think the GMT has a little more depth. The targets we get are surface to ten inches.Signal strength is light to screaming depending on gold content of the rock. Manny hot rocks in the area too but with auto track there no problem. Now go find some gold and post a few picks. Chuck

OP
OP
El Cooter

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big coil-no. I use the standard and the small nugget shooter. I think most of the time large iron gives overload, some small square nails sound like gold. Larger pieces do register correctly most of the time. The gold I find is always 25-75% if its lower its usually brass or copper(bullet casings, blasting caps, etc) pull tabs also come up below 25% Some deeper gold will cause the iron id to jump around but usually with a low starting point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread