Im so jealous......

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so jealous......

I wish i was as lucky as you guy's :P. Getting to live in mineral rich area's, finding gold in decent amounts. I cant wait to start my search here in wisconsin......but i know ill never be as fortunate as the people in the rich soil area's. Perhaps one day ill make enough money to travel out there and set something up, assuming that its not all found by then :P

Upvote 0

chucktx8

May 10, 2005
Re: I'm so jealous......

I can feel for you, for I caught the gold fever about 15 years back, I have searched the deserts of Australia, AZ, NV. CAL. for the cure, & now
I live 1500 miles from the gold, & time has run out with out a cure. I am one miserable old dog. (:>)

Attachments

• 24.4 hanger 003.jpg
    24.4 hanger 003.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 900

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x

I'm gonna buy a pan and search my local area in Michigan

SEMPER FI :sunny:

OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I havnt even bought a pan yet but i have the fever =P. I want to find something soooooo bad lol=P

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007

MARINE09666, do something productive and don't waste your time looking for gold for michigan. i have been prospecting in michigan for 20 years now and have not found my first speck of gold. i have panned, sluiced, and metal detected with my mxt and waisted a lot of time. save up and head to california---thats the place you want to be. good luck! ! ! JOHN

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

49john will try and find some for you this summer, when i was around 13, we were drilling a shallow well for my grandfather, a small casing with a drill rig that looked like an over grown ice auger, pumped water in and the dirt came out the top of the casing, down about 17 ft hit the magnetite then the gold dust started coming out heavy, us kids got all excited, grandfather just said screw that gold we have to get the well done. its around in the UP, plan on doing a little panning this summer, my buddy crushed some of the quartz from one of the tailing's piles i found last summer and got some gold dust, you can see some fools gold, copper and iron ore staining in the quartz, not sure what the native rock in the area is, almost like a shale, different than most of the rock, one of these days will have to get a book on the geology

S

stefen

49erjohn said:
MARINE09666, do something productive and don't waste your time looking for gold for michigan. i have been prospecting in michigan for 20 years now and have not found my first speck of gold. i have panned, sluiced, and metal detected with my mxt and waisted a lot of time. save up and head to california---thats the place you want to be. good luck! ! ! JOHN

Shucks y'all. Hell, here in California you can find gold dust in the gutters of a typical subdivision street being carried along by water from your next door neighbor's car washing labors.

Then you go to the beach and find doubloons being washed ashore.

OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stefen said:
49erjohn said:

Shucks y'all. Hell, here in California you can find gold dust in the gutters of a typical subdivision street being carried along by water from your next door neighbor's car washing labors.

Then you go to the beach and find doubloons being washed ashore.

I was offered to do this....and i work for an airline so travel wouldnt have been a problem by any means. Unfortunatly money to use in the area is the real problem. Read many stories and studied alot about the area and wish, pray and dream about finding some ancient spanish treasure. But wisconsin isnt too well known for that..... :P

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT

Michigan HAS GOLD look a little harder

Yeah we got gold here around my area i have spent the whole year to find 1/4 oz of flake and 1 nuggy 1.5 grams its not every where here laying all over the ground any more it takes a lot of work and the right spots.

Yesterday i drove 20 minutes to a river set up the high banker and got 1/2 penny weight in 2 hours I was shocked honestly to find that much gold where I did ( no motorized equipment allowed OH WELL ) since it probably hadn't been worked in 20 years since the closure go ahead drill me for breakin the law they can kiss my a$$..... :thumbsup:

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Hey Marine,
Check with GPAA/LDMA they have "claims" in MI. You won't get rich, but there is gold in MI from what I know.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

alpha105 said:
I wish i was as lucky as you guy's :P. Getting to live in mineral rich area's, finding gold in decent amounts. I cant wait to start my search here in wisconsin......but i know ill never be as fortunate as the people in the rich soil area's. Perhaps one day ill make enough money to travel out there and set something up, assuming that its not all found by then :P
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:Know what you mean i live in Ohio it is a compleate nothing state.....Time to get a cup of coffee :coffee2: and go out and look for clad................................==Jim==

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

chucktx8 said:
I can feel for you, for I caught the gold fever about 15 years back, I have searched the deserts of Australia, AZ, NV. CAL. for the cure, & now
I live 1500 miles from the gold, & time has run out with out a cure. I am one miserable old dog. (:>)
Nice looking finds you have there..You said you live 1500 miles from gold fields now do you live in the eastern U.S.? and if so why did you leave were you like to hunt?...Jim

chucktx8

May 10, 2005

Jim, I have a home in TX. & gas was cheep. We would pack our trailer & leave here in April & return in Feb.
I dreamed of buying a place in AZ. or NV, but my bitter half always had a different dream. Old age never interred our minds, I thought I would always be able to make that drive & hunt the yellow stuff.
After picking gold nuggets up out of the dirt, Every thing Else holds no interest for you.
So here I sit, 1500 miles from the gold. chuck
Image is of me & bitter half. I don't like for her to get too close to my gold (:-)

I Too,,, Have something found,,, And ,,, Gloried in the finding.

Attachments

• firstimages 004.jpg
    firstimages 004.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 715

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chucktx8 said:
Jim, I have a home in TX. & gas was cheep. We would pack our trailer & leave here in April & return in Feb.
I dreamed of buying a place in AZ. or NV, but my bitter half always had a different dream. Old age never interred our minds, I thought I would always be able to make that drive & hunt the yellow stuff.
After picking gold nuggets up out of the dirt, Every thing Else holds no interest for you.
So here I sit, 1500 miles from the gold. chuck
Image is of me & bitter half. I don't like for her to get too close to my gold (:-)

I Too,,, Have something found,,, And ,,, Gloried in the finding.
That display is some thing to be proud of!!!Good job!

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B

chucktx8 said:

absolutely GORGEOUS

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

chuckx they are nice very nice finds but i know what you mean about that age creeping up on you that is what is happing with me..plus the gas prices........I am 68 now but feel like about 48 but i know it won't last......

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's all you have found!
I have been using my Gz2000frt for years out here in Ca. and lost count at 300 Lbs. The nuggets pop out of the ground with that machine.

I wish it was that easy! You guys have found some beautiful nuggets over the years and i hope I can find one tenth of what you got.

As far as the original post, the grass is always greener on the other side. I have lived in Ca. most of my life and I wish I could live on the east coast so I could find some old civil war artifacts or early american coinage.

Most of the posts here on T/Net are from east coasters and it does get discouraging seeing all the finds out there. Yeah, we have some gold but it is few and far between compared to what you guys out east find everyday.

The country out here is a lot younger
Steve

chucktx8

May 10, 2005

It is later than you think, Go for it.
I was 73 the first 6 month & 75 the second trip to W. Australia & had a blast. The image is when I was at Chain Bore, W.AU. That was my home for 6 months.,,,Pore folks have poor ways.
Gold got me there & gold got me home........... Chuck

Attachments

• all the comforts.jpg
    all the comforts.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 448

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread