New White PI Nugget Hunter

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New White' PI Nugget Hunter

Hi,

The new White's PulseScan TDI will soon be available. It is a new ground balancing pulse induction (GBPI) detector that offers quite a set of features for the price. The unit is configured like most White's units with the control box rod mounted under the elbow. The control box can be removed from the rod and chest mounted or hip mounted. The unit uses drop in Lithium Ion batteries. It has a built in speaker and headphone jack. The lightweight coils are waterproof and it has the ability to use industry standard coils from Coiltek, Minelab, and Nugget Finders. It has manual ground balance, adjustable gain, adjustable pulse delay, and more. The MSRP is $1599.00.

Why would a person want one? If you normally use a VLF detector to nugget hunt but are having problems with extreme ground mineralization or hot rocks, a GBPI unit is the answer. While not as sensitive to small gold as a hot VLF units pulse induction machines by nature are more resistant to the effects of mineralization. But in the worst ground even PI units have problems and so the ground balancing PI was developed to handle the worst possible conditions. The bottom line is if you have a VLF nugget detector and it is doing the trick for you, great. But if the ground you hunt is so bad you are getting poor depth with your VLF or the hot rocks are driving you nuts then a GBPI unit is the answer.

Other units in the same general price range are the Garrett Infinium at MSRP of $1250 and Minelab SD2200v2 at MSRP $2795. The Infinium never caught on much with nugget hunters since it is designed as a fully submersible dive unit. The Minelab units set the standard but their price puts them out of reach of some people. The White's PulseScan TDI offers another alternative to consider.

tdi.jpg

Steve Herschbach

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: New White' PI Nugget Hunter

iS THERE REALLY ANY DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE......Infinium and the PulseScan..?

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi,

Well, nothing along the line of if you have an Infinium you should sell it and get a TDI.

In actual use there are a couple things that stand out. The Infinium generates a dual tone on a target, hi-lo or lo-hi. The TDI generates either a lo tone or hi tone. An instant 50% reduction in the sounds coming out of the unit, and a real plus in itself in a target rich area. The tones correspond to two different target categories, those that read higher than the ground balance setting and those that read lower than the ground balance setting. Most coins except nickels read higher than the ground balance point, and on the Infinium generate a lo-hi tone. On the TDI you get a lo tone. Most trash reads hi-lo tone on the Infinium and hi tone on the TDI. In most locations 90% plus of the tones are hi tone. Lo tones are fewer by far.

The TDI has a switch unique on a PI unit. It allows you to choose lo tone only, hi tone only, or both. This allows the TDI to be set to generate lo tones only and ignore the much larger number of hi tones. It picks up all coins except nickels with the lo tone. The big problem is that quite a few nails will also give a lo tone, so this is not a VLF type discrimination system. But better by far than the Infinium if you are trying to find a coin or other high conductor.

Since the tones are related to the ground balance point, the ground balance is manual on the TDI allowing a person to fudge the setting in some instances to reject certain iron items. The Infinium is auto tracking and so you can't do this. The tone suppression plays into this as if the TDI is purposefully mis-adjusted for ground balance the ground will signal, but suppressing the hi tone suppresses the ground signal. I also found that if you are getting any interference from electrical sources it comes in as tiny hi tone spikes, and shutting off the hi tone results in a totally silent unit even directly under a power line transformer.

For nugget detecting the tones have less use. Small nuggets generate a hi tone, and very large nuggets a lo tone. In areas where there are only small nuggets a person could shut off the lo tone with little fear of rejecting a large nugget and eliminate large iron junk. But for places where there is any chance at all of larger gold you would want to dig all tones.

The TDI has the ability to shut off the ground balance system in low mineral conditions, and in such conditions it easily gets more depth then the Infinium, but you lose the tones and any ability to discern targets via the tones. But for clean white sand beaches it will be a depth monster in the straight PI mode. In those very rare areas where you have gold nuggets in low mineral ground you would get extra depth.

Lots to learn with this unit. And that built in speaker is something Infinium owners sometimes miss. Minelab coil compatibility means the TDI already has more coils than the Infinium and it really has not even hit the streets yet. The largest coil I've run yet on the TDI is the Coiltek 24" x 12" UFO mono coil. The smallest is the Coiltek 1" probe. Try that on an Infinium.

Long story short I'm not knocking the Infinium. Do a Google on my name plus Infinium and you will see I've not only done well with the Infinium but I was one of the few talking nice about the unit way back before others figured out it is good at what it does. But the TDI is a different unit with tricks all its own. It will probably see uses for more than nugget detecting but gold was the number one goal in its design. I've done well with the Infinium nugget detecting but it never really caught on for that. We used the Infinium at my mine at Moore Creek the last two years and they did fine but I'm replacing them all with the White's unit this summer.

Steve Herschbach

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Grubby has been using the underwater prototype off the coast of Equador on a wreck. He seems quite happy with the machine :thumbsup: . It will be great to have a good under/over water units and to be able to purchase AMERICAN!! Keep your $$ at home-we need the jobs. Many thanks as usual Steve for your unbiased reports on new products.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jim Hemmingway said:
Howdy Steve,

Thanks for posting the above information. I'm new to PI technology and appreciate your explanations a great deal. Your Alaska website is superb, nothing else is close, period.

Here's my question, hope it makes sense. The ground balance adjustment. Does it have enough adjustment to (a) place most iron including the thin stuff with the high tone low conductives to therefore keep the high conductives isolated from iron, and, (b) place most iron (perhaps with the exception of thin stuff) with the low tone high conductives to pretty much isolate the lower conductives from most iron, and (c) where does ground mineral cancellation fit in to the overall picture, ie how do you adjust for both disc and GB with the one GB control knob?

Have a few more questions maybe later; if the above is a stupid question, say so and I'll delete it tomorrow. Thanks....Jim.

Hi Jim,

It is all a matter of perspective. This is a long answer as there is some background to set here.

Question number one is does a person need a PI unit at all? VLF units excel at many tasks, especially iron discrimination, and at lower cost than a PI unit. The way I look at PI units is not that I want to use them as much as I am forced to use them to deal with issues a VLF cannot handle. That being either hot rocks or extreme mineralization. So we need to get past that point yet and assume a person has decided they simply have to have a PI unit. If not, what follows is moot.

That assumed, what are the options? There are quite a few non-ground balancing PI units, almost all intended for beach and underwater use. They have no discrimination whatsoever except that afforded by fine details in the target sound that some experts can learn but which would be beyond most people. Basically they are dig it all machines. And although a PI is better able to deal with harsh ground than a VLF, the fact is they are still affected by hot rocks and extreme ground mineralization. That is why the beach units are useless for serious gold prospecting. I know because I've tried them.

So we come to ground balancing pulse induction (GBPI). These units have a ground balance control. The Minelab SD2000, SD2100, Eric Foster Goldscan 5, and now White's TDI all have manual ground balance. Every Minelab since the SD2200 and the Garrett Infinium are auto ground tracking. All of these units break targets into two main groups relative to the ground balance point via tones. With the Minelabs and Infinium you get a dual tone lo-hi or hi-lo. The GS5 and TDI have either a low tone or a high tone.

The two groupings ARE NOT ferrous and non-ferrous. Sorry, end of story! It is a combination of conductivity, target size, and signal strength that creates the tone.

On a VLF unit like an MXT, a very small gold nugget can read right down into the iron range. The larger the nugget gets, the higher on the VDI scale it will read. So a VLF detector not only uses conductivity as is commonly assumed but also target size.

On a GBPI unit smaller gold nuggets normally have a hi-lo tone on the Minelabs or Infinium and a high tone on the GS5 or TDI. But if the nugget gets large enough (density and shape also has an effect - solid or mixed with quartz, long and skinny of round and fat) the nugget will eventually go lo-hi tone on the Minelabs and Infinium and low tone on the GS5 and TDI.

Iron does the same thing wire, flat shards, and most all smallish iron and steel go hi-lo or high tone. But larger iron especially very old rusted iron goes lo-hi or low tone.

With a manual ground balance you can fudge the break point a bit. Think of the ground balance as an iron notch that you use to notch out the iron mineralization in the ground. Certain iron and steel items are rejected at given ground balance settings. In lower mineral ground the GB control has quite a bit of leeway as to where it can be set without the ground starting to signal. The lower the ground mineralization, the larger this fuzzy zone gets. On the TDI you also have the tone suppression. Usually if the GB control is mis-adjusted you start to get high tone ground noise. By suppressing the high tone, you can run the GB all the way to one extreme with no noticeable ground noise being introduced. Some experimentation with the GB control can tune out a certain pesky iron or steel item. This ability varies by the exact model your are using and is no magic bullet. Just another trick for the expert user.

So what have we learned? First, with most PI situations it is best to approach the units as "dig-it-all" machines and use them for applications where digging it all is acceptable. Users proceeding with this mindset will have no serious issues with PI units.

But an experienced GBPI user can use the tones in some circumstances to dramatically reduce the amount of iron and steel. Reduce, not eliminate. Repeat that several times - reduce, not eliminate iron and steel compared to a dig it all PI approach.

By digging lo-hi or low tones only you get all copper, clad and silver coins, plus silver rings and large gold rings, and large gold nuggets. You eliminate nearly all small ferrous items, aluminum, and most bottle caps. You will still dig some bolts, nuts, nails (especially bent ones) and other large junk items. The success or failure doing this will depend first and foremost on the mix of targets in the ground. Some places you will dig desired targets with little junk, and in some places the junk will be overwhelming. It will also depend on how determined a person is to get a certain desired target. In general, as the value of the target increases, the users ability to put up with junk also increases.

If you dig hi-lo or high tone only, you will find nickels, most gold nuggets, and most gold jewelry. You will also find all small ferrous items, aluminum, and most bottle caps. You will eliminate most bolts, nuts, nails (especially bent ones) and other large junk items. And you will miss copper, clad and silver coins, plus silver rings and large gold rings, and large gold nuggets.

Zinc pennies read differently depending on which unit you are using. The target breakdown between the three brands does vary somewhat.

Tiny ferrous and aluminum junk is very common and so in urban locations the vast majority of targets are hi-lo or high tone. Lo-hi or low tones are rarer by comparison.

So for some applications digging certain tone may offer a more successful strategy than digging all tones. For many coin hunting situation digging lo-hi or low tones is preferred. In some mining districts where small gold prevails, digging hi-lo tones or high tone only will get the nuggets while eliminating large ferrous junk. Both choices always run the risk of also eliminating some desired target. That is always a risk, even with VLF units, and it is up to the operator to decide whether the benefits of using any discrimination scheme outweighs the risks.

Hope this helps.

Steve Herschbach

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Steve Herschbach said:
Jim Hemmingway said:
Howdy Steve,

Thanks for posting the above information. I'm new to PI technology and appreciate your explanations a great deal. Your Alaska website is superb, nothing else is close, period.

Here's my question, hope it makes sense. The ground balance adjustment. Does it have enough adjustment to (a) place most iron including the thin stuff with the high tone low conductives to therefore keep the high conductives isolated from iron, and, (b) place most iron (perhaps with the exception of thin stuff) with the low tone high conductives to pretty much isolate the lower conductives from most iron, and (c) where does ground mineral cancellation fit in to the overall picture, ie how do you adjust for both disc and GB with the one GB control knob?

Have a few more questions maybe later; if the above is a stupid question, say so and I'll delete it tomorrow. Thanks....Jim.

Hi Jim,

It is all a matter of perspective. This is a long answer as there is some background to set here.

Question number one is does a person need a PI unit at all? VLF units excel at many tasks, especially iron discrimination, and at lower cost than a PI unit. The way I look at PI units is not that I want to use them as much as I am forced to use them to deal with issues a VLF cannot handle. That being either hot rocks or extreme mineralization. So we need to get past that point yet and assume a person has decided they simply have to have a PI unit. If not, what follows is moot.

That assumed, what are the options? There are quite a few non-ground balancing PI units, almost all intended for beach and underwater use. They have no discrimination whatsoever except that afforded by fine details in the target sound that some experts can learn but which would be beyond most people. Basically they are dig it all machines. And although a PI is better able to deal with harsh ground than a VLF, the fact is they are still affected by hot rocks and extreme ground mineralization. That is why the beach units are useless for serious gold prospecting. I know because I've tried them.

So we come to ground balancing pulse induction (GBPI). These units have a ground balance control. The Minelab SD2000, SD2100, Eric Foster Goldscan 5, and now White's TDI all have manual ground balance. Every Minelab since the SD2200 and the Garrett Infinium are auto ground tracking. All of these units break targets into two main groups relative to the ground balance point via tones. With the Minelabs and Infinium you get a dual tone lo-hi or hi-lo. The GS5 and TDI have either a low tone or a high tone.

The two groupings ARE NOT ferrous and non-ferrous. Sorry, end of story! It is a combination of conductivity, target size, and signal strength that creates the tone.

On a VLF unit like an MXT, a very small gold nugget can read right down into the iron range. The larger the nugget gets, the higher on the VDI scale it will read. So a VLF detector not only uses conductivity as is commonly assumed but also target size.

On a GBPI unit smaller gold nuggets normally have a hi-lo tone on the Minelabs or Infinium and a high tone on the GS5 or TDI. But if the nugget gets large enough (density and shape also has an effect - solid or mixed with quartz, long and skinny of round and fat) the nugget will eventually go lo-hi tone on the Minelabs and Infinium and low tone on the GS5 and TDI.

Iron does the same thing wire, flat shards, and most all smallish iron and steel go hi-lo or high tone. But larger iron especially very old rusted iron goes lo-hi or low tone.

With a manual ground balance you can fudge the break point a bit. Think of the ground balance as an iron notch that you use to notch out the iron mineralization in the ground. Certain iron and steel items are rejected at given ground balance settings. In lower mineral ground the GB control has quite a bit of leeway as to where it can be set without the ground starting to signal. The lower the ground mineralization, the larger this fuzzy zone gets. On the TDI you also have the tone suppression. Usually if the GB control is mis-adjusted you start to get high tone ground noise. By suppressing the high tone, you can run the GB all the way to one extreme with no noticeable ground noise being introduced. Some experimentation with the GB control can tune out a certain pesky iron or steel item. This ability varies by the exact model your are using and is no magic bullet. Just another trick for the expert user.

So what have we learned? First, with most PI situations it is best to approach the units as "dig-it-all" machines and use them for applications where digging it all is acceptable. Users proceeding with this mindset will have no serious issues with PI units.

But an experienced GBPI user can use the tones in some circumstances to dramatically reduce the amount of iron and steel. Reduce, not eliminate. Repeat that several times - reduce, not eliminate iron and steel compared to a dig it all PI approach.

By digging lo-hi or low tones only you get all copper, clad and silver coins, plus silver rings and large gold rings, and large gold nuggets. You eliminate nearly all small ferrous items, aluminum, and most bottle caps. You will still dig some bolts, nuts, nails (especially bent ones) and other large junk items. The success or failure doing this will depend first and foremost on the mix of targets in the ground. Some places you will dig desired targets with little junk, and in some places the junk will be overwhelming. It will also depend on how determined a person is to get a certain desired target. In general, as the value of the target increases, the users ability to put up with junk also increases.

If you dig hi-lo or high tone only, you will find nickels, most gold nuggets, and most gold jewelry. You will also find all small ferrous items, aluminum, and most bottle caps. You will eliminate most bolts, nuts, nails (especially bent ones) and other large junk items. And you will miss copper, clad and silver coins, plus silver rings and large gold rings, and large gold nuggets.

Zinc pennies read differently depending on which unit you are using. The target breakdown between the three brands does vary somewhat.

Tiny ferrous and aluminum junk is very common and so in urban locations the vast majority of targets are hi-lo or high tone. Lo-hi or low tones are rarer by comparison.

So for some applications digging certain tone may offer a more successful strategy than digging all tones. For many coin hunting situation digging lo-hi or low tones is preferred. In some mining districts where small gold prevails, digging hi-lo tones or high tone only will get the nuggets while eliminating large ferrous junk. Both choices always run the risk of also eliminating some desired target. That is always a risk, even with VLF units, and it is up to the operator to decide whether the benefits of using any discrimination scheme outweighs the risks.

Hope this helps.

Steve Herschbach

Hi Steve

Let me sneak in here as I know what Jim is after. What Jim is interested in is using the total iron reject notch. For the GS5 it is at the 10:00 position. This simply is close to the position that Reg was using for his high conductor park coin hunts. This 10:00 position on the GS5 is effective for eliminating just about all iron( Reg did find some wire exceptions). This is a GS5 and not an infinium. Your objective of course is high conductor coins and nuggets greater than 1/4 ounce - (Jim also has some massive silver specimens which would also(not all) be detected with this notch. I detect in mild soil which is not a problem but what degree of mineralization will make this total iron reject (10:00 position on the GS5 or its equivalent of the TDI) not effective? Does using tone suppression on the TDI effect the ability to hear weak signals or it's sensitivity? Considering the effectiveness of this technique one wonders it applying a DD coil would be the first step if dealing with highly mineralized soil while at the total iron reject(10:00) position. Your answer may well be- Well employing a DD coil will reduce the sensitivity, however, reducing your sensitivity is exactly what you are doing if you increase the GB with the GS5 (I assume also for the TDI). Will a DD coil at the 10:00 GB position have the same sensitivity of a mono at the 1:00 GB position? Does increasing the GB on the TDI effect the sensitivity of the machine the same as the GS5? Perhaps your experiences in Moore Creek this summer with the TDI in more mineralized soil will provide an answer.

Sorry for butting in
After reading my above post I realized that considering you have only used the TDI for a few days now that the answering the above questions is asking too much. But they are are food for thought.

Thanks
George

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Jim Hemmingway said:
George, yes as we've recently discussed, but also more. I'm thinking about the 10:00 position to isolate high conductives from most iron, but also about a high setting say around 12 (or more?) to isolate low conductives from large iron (but still accepting small thin iron ie wire etc). In theory, you could hunt low to moderate mineralized ground with GB off, or more highly mineralized ground with GB on, but in any case turn on GB where necessary...sweep the target using both GB settings to determine whether it's large iron or not. Large iron, ie iron bars on the order of say, 6" long by 1" in diameter (or larger). That just happens to be the most common size I find and these pieces are just about everywhere.

Ah...Jim.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have not given you the bad news yet. Now I do not know if this applies to the TDI- only Steve can answer this. There is a lot of steel out there and we are not talking about small iron that will give a low conductor response. At the beach they would be recent bottle caps and fish hooks. In other words a lot of heat treated steel of any size will give a low conductor response. Yes very large heat treated steel. One could usually tell by the large response that it was not a small low conductor. Still another reason I employed a mag with my machine. Nothings perfect and you would have to be familar with your steel at your location.

George

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi George & Jim,

Well, there is a lot to learn yet, but I can answer two questions. The TDI is not identical to the GS5 and I am not observing the same iron rejection capability relating to ground balance position that George and Reg are reporting. White's made changes to enhance gold nugget capability and it may have come at the cost of some of the potentials in other areas.

The tone supression is amazing in that I have observed no loss of depth on the accepted tones. The suppressed tones go away but the accepted tone has full strength. Using the TDI with high tones suppressed is much like using a VLF unit, except you dig more iron.

Jim, you've got the idea - it is progress but there is lots of room for advances still.

Steve Herschbach

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi Jim,

I'm too stupid to answer that right now. The TDI showed me tonight how ignorant I am so I have a lot to learn yet. This detector is fun! Defined as me liking to learn. And learning the TDI is something different.

I have to forget all I know as what I think I know is messing with me on the TDI. Old habits die hard. That has been a major concern of mine as a dealer from a marketing aspect - how to get people to understand they have something new in their hands when the Pros are still trying to figure it out. New users may have an advantage over old horses like me that have to "unlearn" a few things.

If that is not cryptic enough I will try harder soon. But tonight I got a glimpse...

Steve Herschbach

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Steve Herschbach said:
Hi Jim,

I'm too stupid to answer that right now. The TDI showed me tonight how ignorant I am so I have a lot to learn yet. This detector is fun! Defined as me liking to learn. And learning the TDI is something different.

I have to forget all I know as what I think I know is messing with me on the TDI. Old habits die hard. That has been a major concern of mine as a dealer from a marketing aspect - how top get people to understand they have something new in their hands when the Pros are still trying to figure it out. New users may have an advantage over old horses like me that have to "unlearn" a few things.

If that is not cryptic enough I will try harder soon. But tonight I got a glimpse...

Steve Herschbach

Well good for you Steve. Even after several years in production the GS5 is still misunderstood by many of it's users. I smiled when Reg got his eyes opened on the GS5.

The problem with the GS5 was that it was not in the hands of a lot of people and did not have a forum solely devoted to it.

The TDI will be more popular and the TDI forum as put forward is desperately needed for this machine.

Have fun
George

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D SWEET !!! Discemination of emerging technology logistics information extremely interesting. Gotta agree with Steve on a particular point--Undoing knowledge-should it be overcoming past experiences , to replace with new ones, that have worked for dozens and dozens of years?? Laws of chemistry,physics,electricity and technology waits for no man--but--this ol'dog is constantly learning-makes life worth living--If I can learn something new every day-then it's a fine day. Many thanks Steve and others for a fine discussion on emerging technology-John O

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi Jim,

Very kind words. The truth is I am a prospector/detector nerd. I'm no good at parties because I do not read the latest best seller or watch TV or pay attention to sports. I'll talk about prospecting and detecting all day long and have little interest in anything else. So that being what it is I get my fix hanging on the internet with like minded individuals. Anyway, I was not being hard on myself so much as laughing at myself.

True story is only a few times in my 35 years of metal detecting has a detector made me go "WOW". The TDI is doing that. It is an amazing machine that has a lot of emails going back and forth. There will be a lot more forthcoming on the unit very soon. Wait a couple days. I really do not quite believe what I am seeing yet and so need a couple days to confirm and digest.

George, the TDI has the Goldscan magic and maybe then some. But the control settings are not the same to get desired effects.

Steve Herschbach

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Hi Steve
I am glad you are having fun here. I am also glad that the TDI will have the best of the GS5 and more. Your report of this machine will be eagerly awaited by a lot of people who know your reputation. I know it will be an eye opener for a lot of people.

Another internet detector nerd
George

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi Jim and George,

OK, this is a nugget forum but I just went to silver detecting heaven tonight. The heck with the gold, that will be easy. I leave for my mine June 1st, and the miracle of 21st century technology has blessed us with satellite internet access. I will have at least three TDI units at the mine. And I will go find gold with them.

That's nothing. I did tonight with a PI unit something that a PI unit cannot do. I'm just waiting for somebody to tell me I am not crazy. George knows what I'm talking about as does Reg. Others have an inkling. The rest of the world thinks we are nuts. Once more people confirm the results are not weirdly site specific more can be said. Or maybe not and people will always wonder what this was about. But I'll be happy!

Steve Herschbach

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Hi Steve

It is not site specific and you are not nuts. You have simply joined a small club. I had to chuckle a bit as Reg and I had the same feeling as you.

As for thinking you are nuts- Been there as I was attacked a long time ago for reporting what you are seeing.

I feel certain because of the variable operating options available for the TDI(similar to the GS5) which includes GB, different coil types and their tonal variations that a lot more can be done with metal ID. IDing small and intermediate coins not only as high conductors but as silver for example.

Have fun
George

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi Jim,

Well, as much as I appreciate the plug I'm not sure I will be able to sell you or anyone outside Alaska a TDI. We will have to wait to see what White's comes up with in that regard. The good news is I really am not trying to sell anyone on anything. I'm just sharing information.

And share I will. I just got a thumbs up, and so will post what I know tomorrow.

Steve Herschbach

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

i think we all know your prowness on the pulse machines Steve, and no BS on the your evaluations, i read many posts on the machines that intrest me, but there are few people like you, who's opinions i value highly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread