Question about nugget shooting

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Does anyone know if a Whites Coinmaster 6000DI Pro series does worth a darn at nugget shooting? I am totally unfamiliar with these detectors but just purchased one that is in absolutely perfect/unused condition for $50. Came with the hardcase, headphones still sealed, and a great big 11 or 12 inch coil. I was told the depth they can reach is pretty amazing, but would really like to know if anyone can help me out so my prospecting time is not wasted.

Thanks folks
~Nash~

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I don't think so Rand, but I've never tried it. Coin machines as a rule aren't much good for nugget shooting unless they're REALLY big nuggies.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's a antique series 3 ya stand a so so chance but that unit is really old technology-best for coins and relics. Goldbug 2 or Tesoro Lobo Supertrag rock my world continuously-Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are probably wasting your time nugget shooting with a coin machine unless you KNOW there are large nugs in the area.
Best bet is a gold capable machine.

Good Luck
Steve

OP
OP
Nashoba

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Thanks to you all for your posts. Looks like I will be getting my hands on a machine more suited to huntin' nugs. Southern Oregon has some DECENT stuff, but mostly picker sized.

Thank again folks and luck to you all!

~Nash~

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
Nash, the 6000 Di Pro is a good machine for alrger nuggets, especially in mineralized ground. But as you've already decided, it would behoove you to get something like a GMT or MXT for your area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread