Heading to Phoenix June 25-July5 - Anyone shooting nuggets during this time?

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Whites Beach Hunter TDI
I am headed to Arizona during this time and am trying to set up a trip though a company north of Phoenix to nugget hunt. Not the most favorable time to go.... need water....food...shade... etc. Is anyone on this site from the area that want to metal detect anywhere (else?). Hate to go on vacation and see in-laws without spending time metal detecting.

Curt

Upvote 0

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Camcolo,
Good luck on your desert trip. I was going to go out today but it was hanging around 112 to 115, so I stayed under the AC. If you have time go up to Stanton, GPAA/LDMA, used to be some good gold around the rich hill area. We had some claims at the base of the hill that had some decent gold. Haven't been over there for a long time so don't know what its like now. There is also a club in Havasu that has some twenty four hundred acres to hunt on, been some good nuggets found there. Just remember, when you go to the desert, hang a couple of jugs of water on your belt, I usually take two, one with plain water and one frozen, also leave a good amount in the truck. Just about everything in the desert will prick you, stick you, scratch you or bite you. Hope you find a real big-un.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread