Tiger Shark Help Needed!

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Anyone here use a Tiger Shark detector for under water gold prospecting? I have one and was thinking about using it with my 4" dredge...Either with two divers...one with the detector...one with the suction nozzle or me detecting first and marking spots to come back and dredge...Anyone try this? Any tips on the settings for the detector? I just bought the Tiger Shark, so it's new to me, but have been detecting/dredging all my life...

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detect first---then dredge---and keep all the gold for yourself!! Most overburden is way tooo deep for any detector so work off of bedrock into the overburden. Much quicker and more productive. Darn good nugget detector-but it's vlf so be prepared to dig too!! Special tool pouch required for underwater detecting. Once you hit a good target mark with a plastic streamer if you can't retrieve the nugget-too deep. Then creek bottoms look alike!!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Thanks John...Any suggestions how to mark the locations where I'm getting a signal but need to come back to the spot with the dredge? My GPS isn't water tight... ;D

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use 12" strips of that screaming orange plastic or poker chips(red) I prefer streamers,especially in current,bury half-Tons a au 2 u 2 -John PS hope you have a spot with NO SMOKE-we're dying up here in north cal

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I'll be up around Sonora on the south fork of the Stanislaus...Should be plenty of smoke there....I live in Visalia and it's been bad here too. I will try the ribbon and tent stakes. I have some fluorescent orange flagging tape for marking trees in orchards and orange groves..Thanks again for the help guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread