........Gold.Fever.........

P

PrizmIV

Hi all yall prospectors! I live in Alabama and there happens to be no chance to pan for gold! :'( So just for fun my friends and me would like to try panning for gold from those "mail order bags". My first problem I have the LEAST idea how to pan, if someone could give me a website or a quick run down that would be great! Also, what do I need to pan and what company should I order the "pay dirt" from. Thanks in advanced Jonathan!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PrizmIV

From what Ive found out I actually have gold in theses mountains!!! :o ;D http://alabama.8m.com/index.html But what size pan and where to buy it from! ??? HH Jonathan

Attachments

• img15.gif
    img15.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 592

TOWcritter

Hi MXT_UP. I got some of Felix's Paydirt. Found quite a few pickers and 1 nugget small bag ($35). I was really surprised. There are plenty of sites you can Google up. Go with a Garrett panning kit for about $25. It gives you all the equiptment and a book with instructions. One thing else you'll need is something to pan in. I went to Home Depot and bought a brick layers mortar pan. They only cost about $6 or $8. They come in 2 sizes. I got the big one. They are black so if when panning some gold falls out you can easily see it. Just fill it up with water and go! BUT...do some more research on the web. There has been gold found down there. Study the USGS site for your state. United States Geological Survey. Lots of maps, locations, etc. Gold prospecting is 95% research and 5% labor. Oh, yea... here's my prospecting blog. It's new so I haven't got a lot of info in it yet but it's still cool. www.placergold.blogspot.com Kellyco will have the panning kit . Have fun.

kelly

Greenie
Nov 16, 2003
Socorro N.M.
Detector(s) used
GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi MXT_UP,
Buy yourself some of felixs pay dirt from alaska, It has small gold and nuggets too.

Kelly
Socorro N.M.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Get a decent Pan,

Garrett Super Sluice 15" or Proline Gold Catcher.

http://www.akmining.com/mine/goldpans.htm Pans Here.

I get dirt wherever I can get it,

I did find a guy in ebay unloading his dredge concentrates this spring, lots of chunky stuff.

I've bought Felix's stuff once, pretty good Motherlode but I think they are working in the field for the season now, and probably won't have concentrates until snow flies in Sept or Oct.

I've bought some from a guy in Cooper Landing, AK as well. He has some bags on ebay now. Good chunky stuff, I prefer dealing with him. Like the gold too. Got an email that he from him a week ago saying he may be heading to Australia for the Summer/ (cool down under)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6547410028&category=3229&rd=1

Get a snuffer bottle for sure too.

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hello

Just my 2 centavos but i would recommend one of
Big Ten's Gold Maps for Alabama.
It lists 140 sites where gold has been found in Alabama.

You can buy them off the Net or ebay or wherever.

It's a start...

Mike in SC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread