WALKABOUT

Kid Saxon

Jan 10, 2008
Atwater Ca.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug , Whites GMT , SD 2100v2
The weather was nice,85 degrees. Had to get out and do some detecting,only had a few hours but came home with a nice specimen. For those interested I was using the GMT. SAT. at 7, GAIN at 7. The signal was faint with one bar on the graph. At about 10 inches in depth the ID said METAL TO CLOSE TO COIL with a loud scream. I knew it had to be a shovel or pick head. Dug about 4 inches deeper and removed two more rocks from the hole, then the signal disappeared. Picked up one rock and nothing,picked up the second rock and it screamed. Washed off the clay and this is what it looked like.
Total depth 14 inches,not bad for a GMT.

Attachments

• DSCN1172.JPG
    DSCN1172.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 548
  • DSCN1173.JPG
    DSCN1173.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 534
  • DSCN1181.JPG
    DSCN1181.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 542
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a beauty! She looks great for sure! :o

Congrats!

Regards,
Eu

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KILLER PEICE!!!!Was that a tailing pile discard??By the sounds of it it wasnt.You know why I am asking :wink:

OP
OP
Kid Saxon

Kid Saxon

Jan 10, 2008
Atwater Ca.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug , Whites GMT , SD 2100v2
kuger said:
KILLER PEICE!!!!Was that a tailing pile discard??By the sounds of it it wasnt.You know why I am asking :wink:

Hello, kuger
Yes it came from a tailing pile ( old mine dump ) . I liked your under water picks brings back a lot of memories. What did you use or how did take them? Chuck

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Chuck,I just wish I had it years ago when I found more big gold,but hopefully there will be more to come!Its an Olympus Stylus,not real expensive,and takes really good pics above water too.Its Waterproof to 33ft.and shockproof up to 5ft(Daughters already tested that!!)I am done dredging for the year and now detecting for the big stuff!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely amazing what is on old dump sites. When working hardrock by hand steels in days of old you need an oz/per ton to eat beans--now less than that buys some mighty fine steak. Nice piece-PLEASE DO NOT CRUSH OR ACID ETCH-it mighty purty just as she lies-Tons a au 2 u 2-John

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Chuck, you got a big one!! Good job. I hit the other spot and got 2 nuggets for total of 7 grams.

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread