Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got-good-tones invented this UNBREAKABLE tool. I detect in a lot of iron patches (rusty square nails, iron bits) and rough ground. I dig my plug used both of my hands to scrap out the side wall of the whole plug which makes the soil nice and loose take my big magnet and every bit of iron pops up through the dirt. Then my pin pointer can do what it supposed to do find my intended target not chasing iron pieces. So less stressful and quicker. Work smarter not harder. IMG_1348.jpg IMG_1349.jpg IMG_1389.jpg IMG_1980.jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting, never carried a magnet.

Well, should I?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So is it just like a big kind of sharp scraper?

Yeah it’s also helpful in prying apart roots. I break predator shovels pretty regularly so much they sent me Big Red and told me don’t come back. I’ve broken 3 piranhas already and I got to the point I tried breaking this plastic tool and it wouldn’t. No idea what the stuff is made of. IMG_1350.jpg Big Red is a Beast fits my personality IMG_1916.jpg

I like the fact I can scape away soil quickly with both hands where my leasche hand tool I have to use my wrist. They’re for two different things for me. My hand leasche is for when I miss a pinpoint and dig out a side wall or go a little deeper in the hole. This tool is for the harder terrain that has a lot of iron bit and I scrap away the whole to loosen up the mixed nails for the intended target after my magnet cleans my dirt. I hate chasing iron bits with my pinpointer.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As my old man used to say, "Hells bells!" I never thought of bring a magnet with me. Super idea! I HATE those little hunks of iron, nails, staples, washers, rusted cans. Thanks Truth!

Undecided on that other tool. I do carry a small fiskars hand pruner for cutting through the roots when digging a hole.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As my old man used to say, "Hells bells!" I never thought of bring a magnet with me. Super idea! I HATE those little hunks of iron, nails, staples, washers, rusted cans. Thanks Truth!

Undecided on that other tool. I do carry a small fiskars hand pruner for cutting through the roots when digging a hole.

I HATE CHASING THOSE SMALL BITS OF IRON!!!!!!

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got-good-tones invented this UNBREAKABLE tool. I detect in a lot of iron patches (rusty square nails, iron bits) and rough ground. I dig my plug used both of my hands to scrap out the side wall of the whole plug which makes the soil nice and loose take my big magnet and every bit of iron pops up through the dirt. Then my pin pointer can do what it supposed to do find my intended target not chasing iron pieces. So less stressful and quicker. Work smarter not harder. View attachment 1684122 View attachment 1684123 View attachment 1684124 View attachment 1684125

And where would you find a magnet like that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread