Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have done my research on the town I live in and I would dearly love to detect some of the older yards and spaces between the streets and sidewalks.

So here's my situation.

The older part of town with all the big grand old homes have been chopped up and made into low income rentals. The land lords for the most part don't live in town and the properties are left in poor shape and abused by the constant stream of people moving in and out. These houses or rather apartments are some of the 1st homes built in this town from the early 1800's.

So would it be unethical to just show up like I know what I'm doing and just start detecting?

Even though it's the worst part of town I would still be safe (For the most part) because it's a small town.

Upvote 0

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd hit the strips alongside the sidewalks first since they're public property. They can't tell you to get off there. Just keep it maintained, as I know you're going to, and you shouldn't have a problem. As to the yards, as has been said don't just go wandering through someone's property. Leaving a couple wheaties in the ground is better than a bullet in the back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread