New Whites Pinpointer II

O

Okie-Colin

New White's Pinpointer II

Well I took my brand new Whites's Bullseye II out with my Garrett Ace 250 this morning. By 10 AM it was too hot to breathe and the soil is bone dry, but I know that great find is just around the corner. Went to an old hunted over school in West Tulsa where I live. I think the pinpointer is going to be useful. When the 250 sounded off at 2 inches, I would use the pinpointer and in most cases the target was just under the grass so I saved a hole. It also helped me quickly find nails and foil in my dug dirt and saved digging holes to China. Total take, a few clad pennies and nickels. No deep signals which I think is the result of extreme drought conditions in NE Oklahoma. The pinpointer required readjusting the sensitivity a few times, but worked well. If I ever have good conditions and a decent place to hunt it will be useful I think. Still digging!

Upvote 0

wmas1960

May 17, 2005
Chicagoland
Re: New White's Pinpointer II

I am definately going to get one now. You just made my mind up. Was out last night searching a Tot Lot. Usually they are sand lots and are easy with a scoop. If my XLT reads 1.5 or 2", usually all I need to do is scim the surface and the object is in the scoop. 4 or 6" and I put the scoop down and push straight down with my foot. Lift and the object is often somewhere in the scoop or on the top edge of the hole. However, last night I encountered a lot with MULCH or Wood Chips. Several of them, around me, are now using that. It was easy as hell to dig in but a pain to find the item as you can't sift it as easilly. Had to put down the detector and stand there with my hands full of mulch, running it through my fingers. A few times, with my Lesche, I just stuck it in and pryed it up and the find would be there on top. However, mostly, especially with pennies, they weren't as visible as they were similar in color to the mulch, the objects would be deep in the hand full of stuff. A few times I just dug out the hole and piled everything on an edge, then waved the detector over it. Would pick up a pile of mulch and wave again. Sometimes took 3 or 4 times before I found the item. Up down Up down.... because of the length of the detector. With a pinpointer, I can see how it would probably be a bit easier.

I haven't started to search hard soil yet but I do want to. Got a few sites in mind. Including some cobble stone streets that are being restored around me. A pinpointer would really be helpful I think.

OP
OP
O

Okie-Colin

Re: New White's Pinpointer II

I got mine from Ebay for less than $75 US including shipping, new in the box. Saw another one go new for less than that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread