Question for everyone?

fatheadnc

Jun 11, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-5,Delta 4000,Garrett CX-III
Upvote 0

gary in idaho

May 7, 2008
Both are good machines. You're probably just opening a can of worms here as users of both machines will tell you their machine is better. I own a CZ-3D and am still learning it. A guy that has 300 hours on an Explorer will smoke a guy in the same ground conditions, same coins in the ground and same depth of same coins as a guy that has 2 hours on his CZ, But the guy that has 300 hours on his CZ will do the same to a newbie on the Explorer. Do some research on the machines relative to what you are searching for, your ground conditions, the sites you will be searching and their conditions (lots of iron trash, fairly clean ground or both?) and then make your decision after some careful thought and then put the time into the machine which ever one it is and you will be successful. Just my 2 cents.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
You're going to get a lot of Ford/Chevy answers here, but here's my opinion: The CZ's are definately a deeep machine. But they have less tell-tale info. about the targets. It either beeps, or doesn't beep, with little inbetween tonal differences, etc. So there's more propensity to get fooled by deep iron, for instance. In fact, there is question as to whether the TID on the CZ's is really that effective beyond about 7" or so. The Explorer on the other hand, retains TID to the deeper portion of it's range. So while the CZ may bang with "room to spare" on the deepest of coins, the problem is that signals everywhere else, too, sound the same. Not a problem if you're in a dig-all area. But if you want a little more target info, the CZ is not the choice. JMHO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread