Vacant Lots

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I am keeping an eye on a couple of vacant lots that actually are for sale in an older residential area near me. Nothing built on them in the past but sort of strategically located on corners. Thinking that in the past these may have been gathering locations for people. Has anyone had much luck contacting realtor and asking them to contact owner for permission to detect on the lot? Why would a realtor even bother taking the time since there's nothing in it for them? What do you say? Do you give some assurances that you won't destroy the place? Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Optic

Multi-Frequency Mode Wave
:wav:

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Opticman said:
I am keeping an eye on a couple of vacant lots that actually are for sale in an older residential area near me. Nothing built on them in the past but sort of strategically located on corners. Thinking that in the past these may have been gathering locations for people. Has anyone had much luck contacting realtor and asking them to contact owner for permission to detect on the lot? Why would a realtor even bother taking the time since there's nothing in it for them? What do you say? Do you give some assurances that you won't destroy the place? Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Optic

Multi-Frequency Mode Wave
:wav:
My self i would just go detect them no one has ever bothered me on a vacant lot for sale or not for sale..as long as it is not posted ............detect it........I WOULD..........................==Jim_K==

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Your dad lost his boyscout ring there 20 yrs. ago, and you're looking for it, right?

T

TreasurdiggrNY

I've done a few with no problems so..........
hitit.jpg

Attachments

• hitit.jpg
    hitit.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 384

chemist100

Jan 21, 2007
Flowery Branch, North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
I'm facing the same issue with a vacant lot with some old houses on it. It is for sale by some commerical realtor. To be honest, that lot has been for sale for as long as I can remember. As long as its not posted "no trespassing or keep out" I'd say hit it.

OP
OP
Opticman

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Wow, thanks for the replies. Done deal, I will post an update later to let you know what I found.

Optic

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
I would first try to find the owner.I just gained permission to search a vacant lot I've had my eye on for several months.Judging by the sanborn maps,it has never had any buildings on it.Yesterday I swept about a third of it and as near as I can tell its virgin which is nice to find nowadays.I dug 3 pocket knives,1 artillary badge(cross cannons)1 tenn over us badge,51&56 rosies,1920 merc,8 wheats,1 small alum cross&60+ other coins.This lot is less than 2 acres and should keep me busy for several hunts at my convenience.Not having to look over my shoulder to see if someone is coming to run me off makes hunting much more pleasurable!Just my opinion.DBULL

OP
OP
Opticman

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I am not familiar with "Sanbron Maps". Can you please explain?

Optic

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
im in the minority on this one.. but I do not ever hunt a place that I do not have prior permission..... cant listen for beeps when you are worried bout hearing a siren....

just my thoughts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread