The US have got it.

L

littlebloke

Have been using a Fisher 1236x2 since xmas, (bought one as a treat after giving up the weed). Have been interested for many years, used to own a 1970`s C Scope, Wow. Things have moved on.
Been finding various WW2 relics; cap badges, buttons and live ammo. But you would have thought with the Uk`s rich and varied past would been revealing much more. Well not the case for me. Am desperate to find something `old`, Saxon, Roman, (y`know the sort), it should be full of it round here.
All the usual techniques have been tried, but still finding nothing prior to turn of last century stuff. 1906 half pennies. The site is close to a 15th century moat, and have searched a private garden (100 yds from moat) on the line of a known Saxon road/settlement.
Lived there over 30 years and never seen another bod swingin.
Am I doing something completely wrong, lost the plot, or bought the wrong detector.

ps. Were not into it in such a big way here, unable to find a club or buddie near me. But still happy.

Many thanks in advance of your valued replies.

Littlebloke.

England.

Upvote 0

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Actually what we have been hearing about the UK is the reverse. Absolutely incredible coin/relic finds. Perhaps you should join a club and go out on their rallys in the spring and fall when the farmers bring up all those goodies with their plows.

Good Luck
George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions