Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see the post are getting fewer and fewer, it must have something to do with the cold weather setting in for some of us. :'( I know I only have a few weeks left, at most.

This football field has been a project of mine this year. I would hunt it once a week, sometimes twice and sometimes every other week, it just depended on my mood.

I hunted all the places you would expect, under the grand stands, between the grand stands and the concession booth along the inside fence around the track and field.

What really surprised me was the amount of coins I found in a 3 foot strip along the fence that surrounds the entire football field and just for kicks and giggles I thought I'd try the outside of the fence and I had the same success. That's where I found most of my quarters this year.

I would count the number of fence post from the corner when I left so I would know where to start when I came back.

Best part is I'm not done and there's still plenty to go.

c80d7f07.jpg

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great place to hunt, nice pic. I think I remember reading you use the F2. Have you tried the 4" coil yet? You can get real close to the metal fence with it without interference. Good Luck :thumbsup:
Glenn

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Under and behind the bleachers is loaded with trash that's where the 4" coil comes in handy.

I found the 8" coil can get right up next to the fence with the sens turned down to 1 or 2 bars.

I'd like to get the 11" DD coil for it next spring. There's just something about the F2 that makes it fun to detect.

tony24

Feb 27, 2005
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236 x2, cibola,BH quickdraw 2
I have a good spot near me its a complex with about 5-6 baseball fields. I am too a f2 owner I really like the detector alot but I got to sell it. But anyway I hunted 2 of the baseball fields. I hunted around the fence ,the bleaches. I found the most change under this tree on top of a small hill. (I guess thats where the kids wrestled or played during the games) The first baseball field I found about 5 dollars in clad. I really like this spot. I think it used to be a pig farm or a dumping ground. Cause I found kids toys, broken dishes, forks and knives and an old silver plated tea pot. I cant wait to go back there next year to see if I can find some goodies.

Tony

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
crank up the sensitivity... once you have knocked out alot of the targets.... you can concentrate on the deeper older targets.. esp if the site is very old....... Im near athens...... if you arent too far from me... I would love to hunt with you there... and would let you hunt my school site with me too

RAndy

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the of the field, too. For some reason, those marhcing bands and crashing teams seem to lose things.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last one I did I was asked to leave by the groundskeeper. That was this summer.

Apparently, and I know the place had been detected heavily, they put in an irrigation system and detectorists were puncturing the water lines.

I was detecting it about 20 years ago and was talking to a couple guys that told me they took bucket loads of silver out of that field.

Its a shame really....I remember the place being packed by people watching fireworks, entire familys on blankets spread out....about 45 years ago...
With the better detectors on the market....I'm sure there are still lots of old finds left there.

I even remember getting that piece of floating ash in my eye...burned like all heck...I was maybe 7 or 8...very traumatic...but still love fireworks.

Al

one eye willie

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2007
gold country california
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Check out my topic "soccer field" I had the same luck as you and had no idea why. A friend recently told me after I shared with him all the coins I had found, "kids don't think change is money". That is great, more for me.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Old football fields have got to be a good place!
I found one that I am going to hunt next year, can't wait.

Keep you eyes open for new schools being built and the old sites being converted to something else.

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
The football field here is off limits.

I am going to try to get permission next year to hunt the fields where my son plays baseball. I doubt that they will let me on the fields themselves, but I know where everyone sits and watches the games.

I was told by a local that he hunted this area about 10 years ago with someone else and they both walked out with over $100.00 each.

Oh yeah, for my hunting buddies in TNet, if I do get permission, you all know who is invited to go with me.

Sue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread