Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg747..........Like kando said stay away China Junk no resale value parts hard to get you would be sorry if you got one. Buy Garrett . White , Tesoro , Minelab ,even Fisher .. stay with the top name brand detector Co's.

OP
OP
freightdawg747

freightdawg747

Sep 29, 2008
Fort Mill, SC
Detector(s) used
F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Yea I just found the Viper Trident for $150.00 new "Buy It Now on Ebay" through a company called Ardvark Metal Detectors. Kellyco is selling it for $458.00!!! I have always bought from them (Kellyco).Glad I researched a bit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Viper-Trident-Underwater-Metal-Detector---Save-$$$$_W0QQitemZ400010410569QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20081119?IMSfp=TL0811191310004r9547

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
youve gotten good advice already. stay with the major manufacturers and you will get quality. there is too much crappy junk out there to take a chance in my opinion.

OP
OP
freightdawg747

freightdawg747

Sep 29, 2008
Fort Mill, SC
Detector(s) used
Jim_K said:
Thompy said:
i thought ardvark was kellyco on ebay
Thompy....Yes you are right ardvark is kellyco...........

Thats funny...... Kellyco wants 458.00 (and they say retail is 899.95) on one site and its149.95 on another site. I happened to mention to my wife I was researching the Viper Trident. If I wouldn't have said anything to her tonight she would have secretly ordered it for Christmas and if she would have paid 458.00.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
freightdawg747 said:
Jim_K said:
Thompy said:
i thought ardvark was kellyco on ebay
Thompy....Yes you are right ardvark is kellyco...........

Thats funny...... Kellyco wants 458.00 (and they say retail is 899.95) on one site and its149.95 on another site they operate. I happened to mention to my wife I was researching the Viper Trident. If I wouldn't have said anything to her tonight she would have secretly ordered it for Christmas and if she would have paid 458.00 I would never have bought another thing there again. It looks like they wholesale for around $70.00 without the fancy labels. http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...1000588229.htm To me this type of business is just bad for a companies reputation.
Just stay with a Garrett or Whites or tesoro or Minelab . you can get a super detector from any of them for any were from $200.00 to $500.00 I got for one of my detectors a Garrett Ace 250 paid $212.00 for it and it is a great detector. And even though i have some higer priced detectors i still take that Ace 250 out and some times i think it out does my higher priced detectors

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes you are right they whole sale cheap they put on a fancy sticker and the price goes up. And all they are is cheap China junk.

OP
OP
freightdawg747

freightdawg747

Sep 29, 2008
Fort Mill, SC
Detector(s) used
[/quote]Just stay with a Garrett or Whites or tesoro or Minelab . you can get a super detector from any of them for any were from $200.00 to $500.00 I got for one of my detectors a Garrett Ace 250 paid $212.00 for it and it is a great detector. And even though i have some higer priced detectors i still take that Ace 250 out and some times i think it out does my higher priced detectors
[/quote]

I already own a GTI 2500 and Whites 6000Di S3 ( That I bought in 1984). I was just looking for something that could fall in the water. I actually found a Viper Trident after researching on the net for $79.95. Well, I bought the thing. My kid wants it to find underwater treasure that pirates left behind in Charleston SC (He's 8 years old). I find it pretty funny that when I first saw this thing it was MSRP $899.95, on sale for 458.00, on sale for 149.95 and then 79.95.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry you guys feel that we're not being honest. Okay first off - the Viper is an entry level underwater detector. You all know that submersible machines cost hundreds and hundreds and even over a thousand dollars - the Viper was made to get you into the water and see if water hunting is for you!

Aardvark and Kellyco DO share a warehouse, but we are two separate business entities. We have completely separate packages and deals and prices on many things. Aardvark's eBay department chooses to sell those machines and take a loss to be competitive with all the scavengers that can't be trusted on eBay. That's about all I know about their eBay account...

Now the Viper has great reviews from real users... and there are MANY (if not most) metal detectors who have, at the very least, parts made in China if not the whole thing (there's a big difference between 'assembled' and 'made' in the USA.)

So if someone asks for an opinion on a metal detector I think it would be great to hear from people who have owned that detector, rather than those who just dismiss products because of where they were made or what they have heard.

Just my two cents.

OP
OP
freightdawg747

freightdawg747

Sep 29, 2008
Fort Mill, SC
Detector(s) used
KellycoChick said:
I'm so sorry you guys feel that we're not being honest. Okay first off - the Viper is an entry level underwater detector. You all know that submersible machines cost hundreds and hundreds and even over a thousand dollars - the Viper was made to get you into the water and see if water hunting is for you!

Aardvark and Kellyco DO share a warehouse, but we are two separate business entities. We have completely separate packages and deals and prices on many things. Aardvark's eBay department chooses to sell those machines and take a loss to be competitive with all the scavengers that can't be trusted on eBay. That's about all I know about their eBay account...

Now the Viper has great reviews from real users... and there are MANY (if not most) metal detectors who have, at the very least, parts made in China if not the whole thing (there's a big difference between 'assembled' and 'made' in the USA.)

So if someone asks for an opinion on a metal detector I think it would be great to hear from people who have owned that detector, rather than those who just dismiss products because of where they were made or what they have heard.

Just my two cents.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have bought my last 2 detectors from Kellyco and havebeen satisfied and had good service (GTI 2500 and a 6000Di Series3 many years ago). I am glad to hear they are two separate companies that was what got me going.

joecoin

Aug 22, 2007
milan ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov, Garrett Antique
KellycoChick said:

Aardvark and Kellyco DO share a warehouse, but we are two separate business entities...

Bothe companies have the following owner according to the State of Florida:

http://www.sunbiz.org/ficinam.html

Owner Information
THE LORD'S COMPANY OF ORLANDO
1085 BELLE AVENUE
WINTER SPRINGS, FL 327082921

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
joecoin said:
KellycoChick said:

Aardvark and Kellyco DO share a warehouse, but we are two separate business entities...

Owner Information
1085 BELLE AVENUE
What does that matter? Buick and Saturn are both owned by GM but are separate businesses.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
joecoin said:
KellycoChick said:

Owner Information
1085 BELLE AVENUE
Well that says that ..Kellyco and Aardvark are owned by the same Corp.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
vondrewvious said:
joecoin said:
KellycoChick said:

Owner Information
1085 BELLE AVENUE
What does that matter? Buick and Saturn are both owned by GM but are separate businesses.
I don't know ??

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dood *I* didn't even know we were owned by LCO until I got my first check and said "who the heck is Lords Company of Orlando?" LOL!!!

Yup, LCO bought Aardvark years ago but they do their own thing, and they've got their own reputation - they are nice people tho :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread