New Detector - Will be Delivered Today

O

Okie-Colin

Sold my Ace 250 and after lots of research and advice, ordered a Fisher CZ-3D. Supposed to be delivered today. I downloaded the manual at the Fisher Labs website and I have read it several times. First observation is that the CZ-3D instructions is to the Garrett Ace 250 instructions like what War and Peace is To Dick and Jane. There is lots of good info in there. One thing I am anticipating giving me better depth and discrimination is the ability to ground balance the Fisher. In the mineralized soil of NE Oklahoma, I think that contributed to hardly ever digging a coin out below four inches and mostly finding clad. Like any other detector there will be a learning curve, and I know I will dig some trash with the Fisher as well, but I am hoping for some potential to find some older, deeper coins. One of the first places I am going to try is a small old yard that I hit hard with the Ace 250. It is the one place the Ace and I found a wheat penny. I also dug lots of clad there, but I believe there are older coins there as well. That should be a good comparison between the capabilities of the two machines. I will post the results. Wish me luck.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats COLIN.

Can't Wait to see how you like it.

Even tho the 250 is supposed to be a Good detector,

I'm shure it will be like night & day.

PLEASE consider Doing a Review of it, on our NEW Review Forum in "METAL DETECTING".

If you want you can Start it with Your Initial Thoughts, after you Get it Today & Update As you Learn it.

HAPPY HUNTING
Jeff

R

rvbvetter

Yes, What Jeff said.

Hope you'll leave a review on it. I been thinking about the CZ-3D myself.
I suggest staying away from dumpsters, during the early learning process.
While learning my Minelab, if there had been a dumpster handy, a time or two. I would have chucked it in. Was at times frustrating, to say the least, but now, so glad i didn't.
If you get frustrated, just hang on and don't give up. Later, you'll be glad you stayed with it.
What i've read and heard, the CZ-3D, will give you some serious detection depth.
Just remember, we'll be laughing at yo......uh....i mean pulling for you.
HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
please do let us know how the fisher turns out. the cz3d is on my list of options for new detectors along with a couple of others. i will be very interested to see how you make out with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread